No 56k: Ringmeet 2011 - What could possibly go wrong? (Dump all your pics & videos here)

Yes and because I didn't know the road a bit :p

I went to the future and took a pic of nicjasno bringing his own car to ringmeet 2012.

im0011470ew9.jpg

It seems Adu finally went complete dutch and got himself a mobile home for the 2012 ringmeet. And someone even brought an Espace so we can actually turn it into a convertible as they did on TG!

I didn't either.. but I still passed two cars :p

the two cars I passed were doing 70 or 80 in a 100. It was almost required that they be passed :D

Yeah, stirring up the locals is always fun, especially when you don't violate any rules while doing it ;) It's actually quite mad, that they keep the 100 km/h limit on those backroads. Normally on any other road in Germany you have a 70 km/h limit installed on such roads at least.

Good choice from the organisers :)

Every time I see other Dutch people abroad, I want to pretend I'm not Dutch. So yes, I'd very much like to hide my Dutchiness. Besides, you know my origins are mostly German.

Adu is just in denial of his dutch side.
Just rent german plated campervan and be done with it.

Yeah, stirring up the locals is always fun, especially when you don't violate any rules while doing it ;) It's actually quite mad, that they keep the 100 km/h limit on those backroads. Normally on any other road in Germany you have a 70 km/h limit installed on such roads at least.

Good choice from the organisers :)

indeed.. 100 kmh was perfectly reasonable on those roads, imo, as long as you slow down where necessary :D

Sitting in the line to the Ferry. There are few hundred meters to go, but the trip is practically over. It's stormy, so the roof is up, first time since the ringmeet Sunday!

Having driven through Germany down to south and back in an open top car, I can say that huge part of Germany.. stinks. Literally. Of cow poo.

ok fine.. here's my worst lap around the Ring :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwIHD1ywiS4&hd=1

this was a little over 12 minutes.. my last lap was a little under 10 minutes. I did 8 laps that day.. and the track was a lot more fun once the tires heated up and the track was mostly dry :D

this lap was my first lap around the track that day.. this was maybe 45 minutes after the track re-opened after being closed from an earlier rain storm, and the tires were completely cold. They were understeering in almost every turn, though this isn't really visible in the video.

Why I wasted all of my memory car space on my first lap... I don't know. I had no plans to push the car on the first lap even if the track were dry, so my choice to video it was pretty stupid. I was over eager :D

What do you mean: If you own one by then or if you manage get it there without breaking down? :p

Tell Ice to get a trailerhitch already so you can trailer a proper ringtool E30 to Germany :)

That requires more money than i have. To make a proper ringtool. It'll have to be a stock e30 for the beginning. To replace the opel as a daily driver.