No 56k: Ringmeet 2011 - What could possibly go wrong? (Dump all your pics & videos here)

Apparently he was there both days offering rides to anyone who wanted them. Yes, I also found out too late.

As well, the videos I linked are not from a ringtaxi but from a private M5!

As well:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently he was there both days offering rides to anyone who wanted them. Yes, I also found out too late.

Well, I saw him walking around, when we arrrived at the Ring on Saturday. While we were waiting in the traffic jam, he walked by on the left side of the road carrying an umbrella. I don't remember who was in the car with me but I remember saying something like:

"Hey, isn't that Walter R?hrl walking there?"

and nobody gave a damn.

After we arrived at the Ring entrance and everyone stood around taking pictures of cars and chatting away, he drove by slowly in a yellow 911 GT3 right in front of our noses. And again I said: "Look, there's Walter R?hrl."

And again nobody paid attention.

Then, some time later during the time the ring was closed, he stood at the ring entrance, right at the barriers, together with Hans-Joachim Stuck, chatting away with him.

So stop complaining now :p

Last edited:
/me makes mental note: Next time, follow MacGuffin around. I never heard any of this and wasn't in your car neither!

After we arrived at the Ring entrance and everyone stood around taking pictures of cars and chatting away, he drove by slowly in a yellow 911 GT3 right in front of our noses. And again I said: "Look, there's Walter R?hrl."

I paid attention! I saw him driving that GT3 too...

Aww man now its been mentioned (and I've looked up what he looks like) I saw him in that very GT3 waiting around in the carpark next to the souvenir shop. It was as if this guy was waiting for something; and passengers were exactly that. If only I had known... :(

Yes, my bad.

I was assuming, that a former rallye world champion and a living legend of motorsports, who is responsible for the Audi Quattro's fame and now works as the main test driver for Porsche, would be known to petrolheads.

My bad ;)

Last edited:
I?m also slightly amazed how a petrolhead could possibly not know who Walter R?hrl is... But then again I was at the ring some other time this year with two friends who have been there quite a few times, and neither of them had ever heard the names Bellof or Fangio. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I am sure our American friends could throw quite a few legendary NASCAR or IndyCar names at us Europeans and we would have question marks in our eyes.

Well if you?re not german, and you don?t know Bellof, that?s alright. But Fangio? Seriously?

what are you gaiz talking about? i'm new to this meeting thing, and wasn't really interested in racing (well maybe some wrc with the finns).

More Walter R?hrl action

[video=youtube;m-fEBiEixp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-fEBiEixp0&feature=player_detailpage#t=286s[/video]

I adore that combination of old fashioned pullover + relaxed but serious face and small smiles when a bit of opposite lock is needed. He feels as relaxed as normal driver driving to the shop :)

How did I miss that?! I didn't see either of them.

bannedmeme.jpg