No 56k: Ringmeet 2012 - Nothing to see here, move along

I hope my cars will be in proper condition next year, so either a Volvo wagon or a Buick wagon, i will beat the Kangoo's laptime! *heroic pose*

By beat do you mean slower of faster... :lol:

Either way it must be brilliantly overloaded. And I'm saying luggage + 4 not insignificant passengers :)P) probably put the Ringoo over its rated weight allowance.

By beat do you mean slower of faster... :lol:

Either way it must be brilliantly overloaded. And I'm saying luggage + 4 not insignificant passengers :)P) probably put the Ringoo over its rated weight allowance.

hopefully faster! but... i think the Kangoo actually has better suspension XD

my only advantage, is a 300hp V8.

Pah doesn't matter what you put in that thing short of an elephant - you'll easily smoke the Ringoo. As has been said - it had 75hp 12 year ago. :p

now if only i'd have access to a car, and could stole it to next years meet :hmm:
we could have a race of the slowest cars in FG, with adrian and ice doing the "safetycar" -routine :D

Brace for more pictures! And some commentary.

The roadtrippers arrived on Thursday, but it was late and I didn't take my camera out. First pics are thus from Friday, when we went to see the rally cars.

This is the view from the other side of Adu's cameraception pic

Tobias eyeing the transmission that is being carried

Hiding from the sun

A few random shots of cars driving past

Dem lights...

Look closer :)

Ice posing for the photo

Metal fork for Adu \m/

"Yes, I have curry on my face and I'm not ashamed!"

Friday afternoon, more people arrived

The cult of the spare tyre

Viper's being passed around

Taking a pic with the new lens of Adu testing his new lens

Thomas' new BMW. I think we found the second turbo

Kip's deathtrap

The chairs have a very convenient Viper pocket

Ice is leaving quietly with MWF for a private date

Reviving the failing grill with some forced induction

Beer. Before the tide.

Speedtouch setting up his tent.

Next shift taking over to fix the grill

At the moment it seemed like a hilarious idea

Friday ended suddenly with a massive rain storm. On Saturday some people (Sued and DaBoom I think) went to see the rally, while others went to look at the Caterham races at the GP track. Somehow we separated into 2 or 3 groups, and watched the race from different spots.

Sad rollercoaster is sad

Not a bad trailer. Not bad at all.

German Caterham Club was there to see the races, presumably

Not sure if taking picture of fixing his hair ;)

Umbrella + bungee cord. Hmm.. taking notes here

Then we went to the back straight to watch the race

It was great racing and hilarious commentating. A lot of overtaking happened at the chicane in front of us

The waving wing

The hotrod

These two changed places on almost every lap, fighting for 1st

Red car was dragging the exhaust on the ground for a couple of laps, and finally lost it after hitting cones in the chicane

After the race we had a small lunch and went to see the cars at Breidscheid. It was some boring race (or practice?) without any action. It was also raining. Everyone looked excited

As the rest of the people were apparently at the ringwerk, we went there to meet them. But they were gone! As was everyone else, apparently. Somehow reminded me of the Langoliers, huge mall (airport) at what should be rush hour with nobody inside :)

Fiddling with settings on his segway for what seemed like a couple of minutes, while standing on the road.

The rest were found at Br?nnchen.

We didn't stay there, but instead decided to go uphill to the exit of the corner and see tourist drivers fail on the wet track

Public is not amused at the prospect of taking the shortcut. We went the long way round instead.

We waited, and we waited... They finally opened the track like an hour late, just before we were supposed to head out to the restaurant

Then we ate at the restaurant, then was the beer rescue mission, the party tent, etc.. I have no photographical proof of any of those events, but others seem to have :)

So Sunday morning

We are leaving the campsite with the cars and going to the ring to watch and do laps. Some are packing, others are standing around doing nothing. DanRoM is getting annoyed at very little progress towards packing and payment :p

.. and others are playing Kangoo frisbee. Why the fuck did they have to stand right behind my car to throw the bloody saucer I can't understand. But the bodywork took a few hits from the return throws <_<

850 was also less than ideally parked

After a very long while, people finally went to settle the payments

Some like to camp in style

Nice parking there, Dave :p

The Kangoo convoy getting lined up for the lap

Some returned much sooner then others

A few randomly interesting / weird sightings:

This dude got a ticket for overtaking under yellow flags and was dissatisfied. Got yelled at :p

Yes, you need a ticket to go on the ring :p

The wheels :barf:

I need that (half)roof! And storage box in the spare wheel carrier looks very interesting

:lol: Yes, they went on the ring. And I think he was still asleep when they came out.

Flappy paddles!

The car that Adrian got a lap in later on

And that is all that remains of the black Stig

850 with battlescars :)

But nothing a few zipties and duct tape can't fix!

That was close! And I mean the bonnet of the Noble swinging over my car :p

Cool sticker

A TVR

Adrian hitching a ride in what seems to the a 599 GTB 60F1

ROCKET! No, wait a minute, that's not what the plate is! Clever screwcap placement, huh? :)

Subaru engined Beetle with a bunch of Porsche accessories

Found something on Ice's wheel

Camping right at the ring parking?

That was the end of the ringmeet. Me and DaBoom headed to Adenau to stay in the hotel until Monday, when we drove back north and took a ferry to Finland. At the hotel they offered me a garage for no charge, so I took it :)

Not a bad view from the window

That concludes my report. Until the next year.

I made very little photos because halve of you guys were walking around with huge cameras.

But here they are: :)

DSC_1005.jpg

DSC_1000.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0993.jpg

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_0989.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_0986.jpg

DSC_0985.jpg

DSC_0979.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

It was, we were sad he didn't pick up.

He called me afterwards (also capture on picture somewhere in this thread :D) and told me he was on the ring when I called him :)

If I had put it in a cubby hold, I'd have had D-Fence answer. I wasn't gonna rummage in my pockets through Adenau Forst. :p

It's cubby hole just for future reference.

My vote goes to too much tirewall rolling/flexing with 4 people on the Ring, causing damage to the tire and rim.

Let's just say he wasn't very gentle (cue the jokes).

I think it might have happened during the roadtrip. None of us were very gentle there and some of those roads (like in Slolvenia, what a shit hole) were quite bad.

I've been called chubby, but never a hole. :p

I seem to recall one of the Austrian girls called you "the A-hole with the chubby". Does that count? ;)