No 56k: Ringmeet 2012 - Nothing to see here, move along

Hey guys...Just seen this thread. Didn't realise there were a load of FG people there last weekend, but then I haven't checked in here for a while. Anyway....I'm number 11 in the Caterham Tracksports championship (not sure if you stayed to watch us), but thanks for coming along to watch at least some of the racing....nice to know it wasn't just family and friends up there making the grandstands look slightly less deserted!

Was also my first proper experience of a weekend public session on the Nordschleiffe....wow! Now I know what people mean when they say it gets busy! Navigating round everyone (especially some of the bikers!) was errrrm....interesting!

Hope you all had fun....and if anyone in the UK fancies watching some more Caterham racing.....we're next out 1st weekend of Sept at Snetterton.

#11 in the Race? I think I have not just seen a bunch of Touridrive-pics of you, but also got you several times during the (or a) race:

That = You?
IMG_4371.jpg

Yeah hence the question. I wasn't sure how many races there were and what we watched. But I at least found a number 11 on my pics :D.

- - - Updated - - -

Gna.. should have just checked his threads earlier.. his is apparently black :mrgreen:

IMG_0384.jpg

That's a good one, I like.

#11 in the Race? I think I have not just seen a bunch of Touridrive-pics of you, but also got you several times during the (or a) race:

That = You?
IMG_4371.jpg

That was the Supersports race you watched. As you have said, my car is black. Well....it looks exactly like this now in fact!

543305_10100210224916615_163744121_a.jpg

Looks like you lt had a great trip.... How did you lot manage camping with the rain on Sat evening though?!

Last edited:
Looks like you lt had a great trip.... How did you lot manage camping with the rain on Sat evening though?!

By running very fast into our tents! Actually took a video of it inside my tent so you could hear the bombardment. Might upload it later

By running very fast into our tents! Actually took a video of it inside my tent so you could hear the bombardment. Might upload it later

I tried to take a video of the lightning and rain but you couldn't see anything so I deleted it :p

I was too busy sleeping in my tent, impervious and uncaring to the rain.

@ArosaMike; seems you may need a new title :lol: Shame we didn't stay around for the Tracksport - we would have done if we'd have known there was an FGer involved! :) Also - what you doing in Leam? I go to Warwick Uni and live there during term times :p

23:14 < public> can you supercharge the kangoo with the bbq pump while driving
23:14 < public> some one goes III HAAA II HAAA in the codriver seat with the
pump
23:14 <+Ice> hehehehe
23:14 < SteveLevin> public: NOS for the kangoo
23:14 <!Adunaphel> yes, but who will be holding the appendage
23:14 <+Ice> It's a double action pump. Blows on the way down AND up.
23:15 < public> so does the kangoo
23:15 < public> LOLOL
23:15 <+Ice> ROFL
23:15 <+Raparperi> :-D

You were also tweeting from your tent how it was leaking. I lol'd. In my non-leaking tent.

:D I couldn't sleep for fear I would wake up in a lake :D

Hey, I saw the Mike Hart Caterham when strolling close to the pits. Need to check if I took a photo.

Edit: Nope, only of a "Robert Chappell" car.

Last edited: