No 56k: Ringmeet 2015 - We're gonna need a bigger camp site...

I can't remember if it was when I was with Thomas or Justin but I saw this on Monday being put on a recovery truck in Adenau. I felt a little sorry for them but those wheels are just stupid.
I get my morning coffee at Race 61 from them each year, but I can't deny that the wheels ruin an otherwise brilliant idea.

EDIT: Q and V, thanks for the title. Hope you enjoyed camping in Germany.

Last edited:
DanRom, awesome picdump, would rep but must spread!

And goddamit that looks awesome, so many awesome cars. I think the first time I was at Ringmeet it was the OGP, and while you could see
some cars around the Ring entrance and the parking lot, nowhere near as cool as this must've been. Now I want that too.

How much was the entrance to the GP track anyway?

I get my morning coffee at Race 61 from them each year, but I can't deny that the wheels ruin an otherwise brilliant idea.

EDIT: Q and V, thanks for the title. Hope you enjoyed camping in Germany.

You're welcome. ;)

Explanation, please?

You will have to wait until the Awards video is edited together and posted then all will become clear. :wicked:

Who knew the 7 is so roomy you could fit a Viper in it? :p

I'll see myself out...

Look how happy he looks! (sorry about the ventilation noise. I cleaned it up as best as I could, but it's still very annoying)

Watch fullscreen for 1080p50

What a happy Viper. Looking at all the photos that have accumulated, I do want to put a Ring Meet down as a to-do thing later down the track.

Last edited:
Reactions: lip
And here's quite unspectacular video, where I actually stay on the track for the whole lap. :) My last lap with 3 passengers. I was avoiding hard braking and carousels, as I'm not a fan of stressing those low profile tyres and that ride height on full load.

Please be upstanding for the Ringmeet awards!

Part 1. Part 2 is still being edited, I'll upload ASAP.

Yay! :clap:

Minor point, could you bump up the audio, maybe with some compression to get rid of short peaks? Seems really quiet :/

Ice getting the award was worth me not being there :D

Reactions: MWF
Dave going "Oh, you CANNOT do this!" upon realizing is my favourite part. :mrgreen:

Aaaaaaaand here we go for those who have either not checked facebook, don't have it or just don't wanna bother. My 296 photos of Ringmeet 2015 (well, and a few of an evening at the mini roadtrip).

tl;dr: Ringmeet 2015 was again a great success. My two highlights of the meet were on the one side lapping my M5 and on the other side the youngest participant this year :D. Most gear survived, the financials worked out, we were more than ever, so all good.