Ringmeet 2016, August 11-14

After some last-minute work on Lucille, Dr_Grip is still on route and expects to be in Dortmund past midnight. We plan to convoy down to Ringmeet tomorrow at 10.

Working from home today, last phone call I'll have to be on should be done at 12:30. Finishing up some stuff and packing everything, I should be able to get going between 2 and 3pm (~2 hour drive) at the latest :)

Made it back home. 14.5l/100km or 16MPG US is quite a nice result of excesses in hypermiling.

We're still 25 or so people on Sunday evening - nice. :)

Arrived savely at home. Dropped Hemily off at the Cologne airport and arrived shortly before 1 a.m. No traffic problems whatsoever at this time.

Took 1220 pictures. Will take a while to sort things out. Also 16 videos.

Last edited:
Got home half an hour ago, feel dizzy/motionsick, but I expected that. Happy to have met you all in person, hope to make it next year too :)

Cobbled something together from the several short vids I recorded on the campsite.

^ Nice :)

Made it home, BTW. Much fun was had over the weekend, thanks everyone and see you next year! :D

That video is awesome, really conveys the random feel of the meet. :lol:

I will eventually sort stuff out, you know I'm never fast with this stuff when there are shiny distractions everywhere.

Cobbled something together from the several short vids I recorded on the campsite.

That caravaner knows how to choose a proper tow car.

Made it to HEL safely... Will post photos when the film is developed :lol:

Haha, that vid is awesome MacGuffin ;)

Anyway, made it home, at work now. 13 hours, convoying with the other Slavs was great and made it pass quicker :)

This ringmeet was awesome, best one for me yet! I know I've only been to three, but still :D

I've got some videos and photos that I have to get through and upload somewhere. Which will take a while cause internet speeds are shit.

Daimler made it to Stockholm with no issues at all. Overnight it will magically teleport itself to Helsinki. Thank everybody, it was great fun once again! :)

My first ringmeet was quite fun! but i realized i'm too fat for walking, or at least need different clothes, while stamina was okay'ish... the sores not so much, chafed a lot on my inner thighs.

Goal for next year, lose weight, and gain drivable car to go! :p