Ringmeet 2016, August 11-14

I can bring a second tent if there's need. I will arrive about noon on Friday, the tent could stay until Monday provided shad brings it back to Dortmund.

I have a second tent as well which can be used from Thursday to Monday. Additionally, I have a short (1,20m) self-inflating mattress. I have enough space in my car so I'll bring both anyway, even if they aren't needed - it's better to have too much than having not enough. ;)

I can bring a second tent if there's need. I will arrive about noon on Friday, the tent could stay until Monday provided shad brings it back to Dortmund.

Shouldn't be a problem to squeeze that in.

If there is a tent and such to spare, i might have to borrow. All German hotels seem to hate tourists, and never have any info in English. :p

Even the tiny ones do: http://landgasthofweihs.de/en/
The English sucks, but it's there :D

That's the hotel that doesn't respond to e-mails from what i was told, someone was even trying to call them but they don't answer the phone either. :p
The website has info from 2015, so a bit hard to figure if they even got anything available. :(

That's the hotel that doesn't respond to e-mails from what i was told, someone was even trying to call them but they don't answer the phone either. :p
The website has info from 2015, so a bit hard to figure if they even got anything available. :(

I got you covered on the tent bit, no problem.

Also, may I hint gently at my signatures link? ;)

I got you covered on the tent bit, no problem.

Also, may I hint gently at my signatures link? ;)

i got it in mind, just been strapped and waiting for payday on monday. :p

Answering to PMs is for free... :p

If there is a tent and such to spare, i might have to borrow. All German hotels seem to hate tourists, and never have any info in English. :p
Faltin, who definitly speak no English and normally need between 10 and 15 days to answer to e-mails, usually have rooms available. We can check once we got there, then you have the choice.

Faltin, who definitly speak no English and normally need between 10 and 15 days to answer to e-mails, usually have rooms available. We can check once we got there, then you have the choice.

That would be great.

I booked my room with them well in advance, per email (using the contact form on the website). Did that twice before for Ringmeets on previous years, it worked out fine :dunno:

All these offers on amazon.de are from China, Hong Kong or Singapore so I doubt they would be here in time. What do you need exactly? The 3/8" screws? There are plenty of those at ebay in different lengths for cheap, for example 5 pieces, 12 mm length, the seller has those in 16/19/25/38 mm for the same price as well. Or do you want the screw with the hotshoe head?

I need the hotshoe to 3/8 adapter with a nut, as per the listing.

Last edited:
The linked item is being shippped by Amazon, so regardless of the sellers location that will ship reasonably quick. Amazon shows me expected delivery being the 10th for regular shipping (3 EUR) and guaranteed delivery on the 9th for premium shipping (6 EUR). If anyone happens to have prime that'd make it a lot cheaper to order a 7 EUR part and not pay 3-6 in shipping.. plus it includes the express shipping.

I "tested" Prime recently so I can't get the free test month right now.. if anyone else has the opportunity to sign up for the free test month (can be cancelled again right away), that'd be the preferred way. Otherwise any order made by monday morning should get delivered by wednesday.

The linked item is being shippped by Amazon, so regardless of the sellers location that will ship reasonably quick. Amazon shows me expected delivery being the 10th for regular shipping (3 EUR) and guaranteed delivery on the 9th for premium shipping (6 EUR). If anyone happens to have prime that'd make it a lot cheaper to order a 7 EUR part and not pay 3-6 in shipping.. plus it includes the express shipping.
It was another item when I clicked on it so anyone who reads our answers would be confused why I stated it would ship from CN, HK or SG. ;)