Ringmeet 2016 pre-planning thread

At this moment I'm open for everything. My main concern is being there, whenever :D
Though Eifel rally sounds interesting. Oh, btw, how mush was the OGP event ticket? I'd love to see some of that action, since I never have.

13.08. would be tight, I'd probably have to drive through the night if I'll have to work on Friday, but since 15th is a national holiday, I can rest easy for the weekend.

But, since it's still 2015, I'll reserve planning for a later date.

The event itself isn't cheap, but well worth it IMO. Fri ticket is 22eur and Sat/Sun tickets are 30eur/day.

Wow, totaly forgot to take a look, if there is already some ringmeet planing going on. Well I would be good with almost every date I guess, even though 11.-14. means, that I would miss the music festival again next year :think:. I'll see ... but at least I know, that I got a few vacation days around the OGP weekend, so that I could join over the whole time, and not only from friday-sunday, as it could happen with some other dates.

*cough* Roadtrip *cough*

So... any progress about the date?

I haven't heard of anyone not being able to make it on the OGP weekend, so as far as I'm concerned that's the date for ringmeet 2016. I shall start a new thread soon, where the planning can take place.

Here's something to get you into the mood :)

This is still my favourite old picture from the 'Ring:

99326a013dedf258db3fe1dfd9ff3ad1.jpg

Why is it cheaper to fly to D?sseldorf than to Cologne?

Why is it cheaper to fly to D?sseldorf than to Cologne?

More connections from more airlines. D?sseldorf airport is 30 minutes by car to Cologne Bonn airport, so the difference is minimal, just add 40km to the journey

Alright, just received confirmation that a hotel room as been booked for me at Landgasthof Weihs from August 11th till August 14th.

Which of course means I will attend the Ringmeet from Thursday to Sunday (just for the record and whoever prepares the list with participants) :)

Sent a mail to Faltin requesting a room.

i'm working on a TV production until May, might be a decent payday in the end, so maybe this is the year i'll finally be able to go to the ringmeet. Especially now that i've tried some different ways of getting to Germany by car, it's actually a lot mor affordable than i had thought, and shorter, as there's a Ferry from a nearby town going to Denmark, I used to think i'd have to drive all the way around through Sweden and such.

What are sleep options around there? what do folks usually do? hotels?