Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Cube²
As mentioned in the Ultimate Ringmeet thread, looking at the , there is basically only one possibility for Ringmeet 2018, which is the weekend of August 10-12, when the Oldtimer Grand Prix

RingMeet 2018: Aug 9-13
Location, as always: Camping Viktoria Station in Kreuzberg.
Hotelfaggery: Landgasthof Weihs, Hotel Faltin

Roadtrips: TBA
Ring opening times: Thu 9-8: 17:15-19:30; Fri 10-8 closed; Sat 11-8 13:00-19:00; Sun 12-8 13:00-19:00

Pubquiz: Antti and I have teamed up for a clusterfuck of unprecedented proportions.
Saturday dinner will likely once again be at our regular restaurant, Im Wurstkessel

Last edited:
Let's adu the same thing as every year :clap: and as every year, I'll put myself in the "likely, and hotelfag" list.

:dance::-|:(

Well, there is always the intention, but rarely the means.
Hopefully a shorter trip this time.
(Come on Belgium! Just hire Rebeca already!)

If there's anything I can do to help, please tell me.

Excellent. This saves the pages of debate before the inevitable conclusion to do the OGP Weekend as we do every year.

And as a matter of public record, after his excellent efforts one evening during the recent Balkan Meat, Icebone has agreed to be in charge of producing home-made beefburgers for the BBQ on the Friday evening although we do need the dimensions of the larger grill in order to get a stainless steel hotplate accessory made in advance.

I still think gas would be better for the amount of burgers we'd need to make and how quickly, but that can be plan B, I suppose.

Now, let's get to planning the roadtrip!

Excellent, no messing about. Home made burgers sound great too. Plan is for me to join a roadtrip of some kind for 2018, whatever that may be. :)

Awesome, it will definitely help planning our family Austria trip.

You might finally see some :canadian: at ringmeet for the first time :cool:

Goddammit, as if I needed a reason to attend!

Awesome, it doesn't overlap with any weddings I'm invited to or my West Virginia trip in July. This could be the year I finally make it out there.

Goddammit, as if I needed a reason to attend!

Awesome, it doesn't overlap with any weddings I'm invited to or my West Virginia trip in July. This could be the year I finally make it out there.
Woohoo! We let all the refugees terrorists foreigners awesome people in!

And as a matter of public record, after his excellent efforts one evening during the recent Balkan Meat, Icebone has agreed to be in charge of producing home-made beefburgers for the BBQ on the Friday evening although we do need the dimensions of the larger grill in order to get a stainless steel hotplate accessory made in advance.

The idea is all nice and dandy, but what is that going to cost?

Shouldn't be much. Depending on the size of the buns, the patties are 150-200 grams, so between 5 and 6 burgers per kg. And you don't need high quality beef, the shoulder's fine. How much does that go for in Germany?

Shouldn't be much. Depending on the size of the buns, the patties are 150-200 grams, so between 5 and 6 burgers per kg. And you don't need high quality beef, the shoulder's fine. How much does that go for in Germany?

Ok, so that'd have been a follow-up question. If regular minced meat from the shop is fine, it'll probably not make much of a difference to the steaks. Buns are probably going to add a few bucks but that'll be fine.

The BBQs diemensions should be around 80x50 cm or thereabout IIRC. But Joe can probably just take a gander at the real thing and eyeball it with some measuring thing.

What is cost of entry?

I?m thinking of actually going on a vacation next year and I?m teetering between driving or taking a train west for a couple weeks or trying ringmeet.

Last edited:

Well whatever that plane ticket is for you. Compared to that Ringmeet doesn't cost any money really.. ;)

I?ve got airline miles so, cost isn?t an issue. I would have to check prices still. I?ve done economy twice to Munich from Chicago and it is awful. It would be first class or nothing.

Last edited:
Well look at you mister fancy pants.. :p

Ringmeet cost estimate:
- camping with drinks and Friday bbq for the full weekend:~$90 (bringing a car assumed)
- hotel alternatively ~$65+ a night with breakfast
- if hotel, $30 for drinks and bbq at the campsite
- rental car ~$350+ for the extended 5 day weekend
- plus whatever you drink and eat all day long (drinks while not at campsite or individual stuff you want)
- potentially (shares of) ringlaps to convince people to do another lap to ride shotgun..
- if you feel like it: rent a track tool, starting around $250-300 with a lap or two, more laps extra, beware of the deductibles though!! ($3000+++)