Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

Misrabelle;n3548422 said:
So, trying to work out details with my travel agent now (mostly about how I'm getting out of Germany, post-ringmeet, and when)...but it looks like you might have to endure an Aussie accent again.

Yay :)

No narf? I has a sad. :cry:

I've booked nearly everything so far. Hotel is last because, reasons. Trying to determine if using my stockpile of IHG points and booking the nearest hotel in Cologne and driving down everyday (35 minute drive) is better or, sucking it up and staying nearby but, paying for the hotel. I've got it set up to land in Frankfurt just after 7 in the morning on the 9th and flying back home Thursday the 16th giving 2 whole days of doing nothing which I have to figure out what to do with.

Misrabelle;n3548422 said:
So, trying to work out details with my travel agent now (mostly about how I'm getting out of Germany, post-ringmeet, and when)...but it looks like you might have to endure an Aussie accent again.

YOU BETTER SHOW UP!

Last edited:
93Flareside;n3548839 said:
I've booked nearly everything so far. Hotel is last because, reasons. Trying to determine if using my stockpile of IHG points and booking the nearest hotel in Cologne and driving down everyday (35 minute drive) is better or, sucking it up and staying nearby but, paying for the hotel. I've got it set up to land in Frankfurt just after 7 in the morning on the 9th and flying back home Thursday the 16th giving 2 whole days of doing nothing which I have to figure out what to do with.

I'd say you'll have better time relaxing during evenings, when you're a short walk away from your accommodation. Speaking of which, I should probably book a hotel for myself as well (Weihs, as usual).

Nearby hotels are very cheap. Definitely get one close to the campsite, you don't want to drive 35min every night. In fact, you don't want to drive at all, because you'll want to consume some alcoholic beverages :p

So I'm back in the running for attending Ringmeet and maybe part of the roadtrip. I know I know. I've said this every year for at least the last 4-5 years, but as mentioned in NSFPE, I have just had a major change in my personal life that I just need to get away from.

I just decided that I'm going to try to attend last night, so have no idea what the plan is other than the dates. Going to start digging into this and figuring out logistics.

EDIT: I see the roadtrip will be driving by Munich the day I was thinking of flying in. And it just so happens that Munich is one of the cheapest German cities to fly to from Detroit. Looks like that might be a good way to join the convoy in a Miata from Sixt or something.

EDIT2:

93Flareside;n3547870 said:
Holy shit, those flight prices though. No matter the airport, it’s over $3,000 one way or a billion air miles that I don’t quite have enough of.. I also didn’t look at the map for distance. Sounds fun but, the flight might kill me, after flying for the length of time, last thing I want to think about is sit more. Sure, there’s stops along the way but, still.

it looks like the best option for me is to fly into Frankfurt and drive the 105 miles to the ring, sorry. :(

Where are you looking from? Come to Detroit. The flight I'm looking at is non-stop DTW<>MUC for just under $1,200 for the round trip.

Last edited:
Cool, nice to see more people joining in.

On the matter of ringmeet things, pubquiz questions are underway, courtesy of public, DaBoom and yours truly. We will try to not make all of you weep in terror.

And another thing. I've been looking at printing small tasting glasses for the RingBeer event, and finally found a place that can do series as small as 24 items, for a fairly reasonable price. I have a few other lines out, but it looks like I can arrange for printed RingBeer tasting glasses for about €6 each, provided I can find 24 people that want one. I have rigged up a form to gauge interest.

I'd love a RingMEET glass. Not interested in beer. :D

I don't care if I don't even take part in the RingBeer event, I need one of those glasses.

DaBoom;n3548850 said:
I'd love a RingMEET glass. Not interested in beer. :D

Someone must know a pro pinstriper who could cross out the beer part and write something else. :lol:

Adu please put me down for a Ringbeer glass.

90% chances I'll be there with my little family, from Friday until Sunday.

No plane tickets or any reservations done yet, but we are planning our vacations around a Germany/Austria trip in August :dance:

Now this is what we're talking about - an australian, some US-americans, a canadian and hopefully a brazilian attending as well; it's gonna be more international than Eurovision Song Contest... :thumbup:

Excellent news, Rd Ketchup. It will be great to see you again and to meet your family. :mouse:

Eye-Q;n3548892 said:
Now this is what we're talking about - an australian, some US-americans, a canadian and hopefully a brazilian attending as well; it's gonna be more international than Eurovision Song Contest... :thumbup:

Only if Rebeca gets a job in Europe, otherwise, we're not going. :(
Extra bummer: I don't get to meet CrzRsn and RD Ketchup.
Happy outcome: we move to Europe and then you'll have THREE Brazilians this time. :D

Eye-Q;n3548892 said:

Who's bringing the karaoke machine?

CrzRsn;n3548845 said:
Where are you looking from? Come to Detroit. The flight I'm looking at is non-stop DTW<>MUC for just under $1,200 for the round trip.

I wanted to do business class both ways so I can lay down during the flight. I have enough to do one way business class so, my return flight is economy. :/

Has somebody done the calculation yet? Will prices be the same as last year? And I assume it's going to thomas' PayPal account again?

How crazy of an idea would it be to fly into Zurich on Thursday and drive the 5 hours to the camp site? I missed the cheap flights to Munich.