Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

MacGuffin;n3551911 said:
Another reminder that the bunker tour will start at 01:00 p.m. on Friday (at the bunker).

That means leaving the campsite at 12:45 latest!

I don't keep a list, I suggest that everyone who's going to partake, will gather at 12:30 p.m. at the cooling trailer (wherever that one might be parked this year).

Cooler, 12:30!

DaBoom;n3551454 said:
I could put this here as well. In addition to the bunker tour, there's a plan of mountainbiking the Nordscheife (well, around the track, as there's a route). This is obviously somewhat weather dependent, but current plan is to do this on Saturday. A place in Adenau offers bikes for 17.50€/day.

We have few interested people, but let me know, if there are others that have missed this plan. :)

*waves*

I'm kind of a weenie, though. Is it a fairly smooth path or a OH MY CRAP WHY? path.

Also, I'll be coming in the night before after checking out some good-ass cars in Cologne, so if anyone is in early...IDK when I'll get in Wednesday night, but Thursday morning is open for shenanigans.

Last edited:
ninjacoco;n3551919 said:
Is it a fairly smooth path or a OH MY CRAP WHY? path.

You know the elevation changes of the ring? The track around it has the same or worse. And it is literally a forrest path. He said mountain biking with intent! I've walked parts of said tracks around the ring and was exhausted :D

DaBoom;n3551454 said:
I could put this here as well. In addition to the bunker tour, there's a plan of mountainbiking the Nordscheife (well, around the track, as there's a route). This is obviously somewhat weather dependent, but current plan is to do this on Saturday. A place in Adenau offers bikes for 17.50€/day.

We have few interested people, but let me know, if there are others that have missed this plan. :)

/me makes a note for future Ringmeets.

I'd really like to do it, someday.

ninjacoco;n3551919 said:
*waves*

I'm kind of a weenie, though. Is it a fairly smooth path or a OH MY CRAP WHY? path.

Also, I'll be coming in the night before after checking out some good-ass cars in Cologne, so if anyone is in early...IDK when I'll get in Wednesday night, but Thursday morning is open for shenanigans.

Coco, do you need a ride from Cologne? We will arrive Tuesday evening and we are spending the Wednesday at Phantasialand just outside Cologne. Happy to pick you up from an agreed point that evening and drive you down to VS. PM me if that would work for you so we can agree details. If you're in Cologne we could hit up Freddy Schilling in Cologne for their epic burgers for dinner.

Just being our usual helpful and charitable selves. A Ziegenpeter Burger wit Speck is still on the cards if Stef wants to hook up on Wednesday for eats. Will possibly go there ourselves anyway as they have suitable vegan options for Michelle.

All the bills for the glasses are in, and after tallying up everything and rounding up to the nearest whole number for convenience, they will cost a whopping 5€ a piece. This can be paid cash on the spot, or via paypal to michiel@dijcks.com. All proceeds that come from the rouding up will be spent on more beer to be poured in aforementioned glasses.

And, a small teaser:
6E2NBzP.jpg

Last edited:
CrzRsn;n3551906 said:
Exactly 6 days 0 hours until I can check in for my flight. Which means exactly 1 week 0 hours until my flight. Which means exactly 1 week 16 hours 22 minutes until I land in Frankfurt.
Very optimistic of you to expect punctual flights these days... :( :p

Adunaphel;n3551933 said:
All the bills for the glasses are in, and after tallying up everything and rounding up to the nearest whole number for convenience, they will cost a whopping 5€ a piece. This can be paid cash on the spot, or via paypal to michiel@dijcks.com. All proceeds that come from the rouding up will be spent on more beer to be poured in aforementioned glasses.

And, a small teaser:
6E2NBzP.jpg

That looks great. Good job.^_^

DanRoM;n3551938 said:
Very optimistic of you to expect punctual flights these days... :( :p

I’ve taken around 30 flights already this year and only 1 was delayed. Granted, all were domestic, but still.

Redliner;n3551945 said:
That looks great. Good job.^_^

I did nothing, IceBone designed the logo, and GC-Tech did the engraving. I merely bought the glasses and fronted some payments.

Those glasses look great. I was given a bottle of Innis & Gunn IPA which expires this month, I may as well bring it along to donate to the tasting.

Adunaphel;n3551948 said:
I did nothing, IceBone designed the logo, and GC-Tech did the engraving. I merely bought the glasses and fronted some payments.

Still, good job to everyone involved. :D

Is there anyone coming from the Frankfurt area who would be able to pick up some Frankfurter Apfelwein please? I will be happy to reimburse in cash on arrival including any Pfand. One case would suffice.

Thanks in anticipation.

MWF;n3551968 said:
Is there anyone coming from the Frankfurt area who would be able to pick up some Frankfurter Apfelwein please? I will be happy to reimburse in cash on arrival including any Pfand. One case would suffice.

Thanks in anticipation.

Where do you get it and is there a particular brand you prefer?

Last edited:
No particular brand and it should be readily available. As long as it's local and the dry rather than the sweet version it should be fine. It used to come in a case of 12 brown glass bottle but it is about 20 years since I last bought some.

According to the Rewe website the closest branch stocking the Bembel is in 56564 Neuwied. That's not 100% of course but a fair indication.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/DeTHBTb.jpg"}[/IMG2]

As you can see, they work really well for their intended purposes. I have 28 glasses all packed up for ringmeet, 20 of which have been reserved by:
* 93FlareSide
* Adamar (x2)
* Adunaphel
* Brotan
* CrzRsn
* DaBoom
* Galantti
* GT1750
* IceBone
* Loose_Unit (x2)
* MacGuffin
* Matt2000
* MWF
* MXM
* ninjacoco
* RdKetchup
* TobiasG

If you still want to reserve a glass (all glasses that haven't been reserved will be handed out on a first pays, first served basis), then shoot me a message on any channel you know how to reach me (Although I would recommend against snailmail, because I leave for vacation on monday)

Last edited: