Ringmeet 2020 - A clear case of Carownervirus!

@Galantti can't come, so we are safe from awkward hugs!

Yep, with Schengen set to re-open during July (probably with a fine print saying "except for Sweden cause they smell of baby poo") I am confident Ringmeet will happen, with Team Germany and Team Nordics attending at least. I even have some hope for Team No Deal from the UK being able to join the fun.

As @_Jules_ is still trying to convince me that camping actually is fun and not a pain in the ass, we may actually try this these time.

Last edited:
I fully expect the meet to happen. Called up Faltin and booked a room last week.

I was also thinking to maybe plan some sort of a mini-roadtrip within Germany or at least in the immediate proximity, something like the Schwarzwald mini trip we did in 2015 (iirc that was the year). Since the "big" Balkan revisit is definitely out of the window this year. If anybody is interested in joining, or has any ideas on where we could go, let me know :)

I was also thinking to maybe plan some sort of a mini-roadtrip within Germany or at least in the immediate proximity [...] If anybody is interested in joining, or has any ideas on where we could go, let me know
I'm definitely interested, I was planning to do a three to five day trip around Germany before Ringmeet anyway. It'd be interesting whether camping with tents will be possible, or if we need hotels.

250 to 300 km of country roads per day give a great range of opportunities. We could do either something in the Southwest - Black Forest, Elsass right over on the French side, perhaps Allgäu before that, going via Luxembourg/Southern Eifel/Mosel area to the Ring - or more to the East in the Mittelgebirge area, ranging from the Bavarian Forest on the Czech border up to the Harz and then Sauer-/Sieger-/Bergisches Land or Spessart/Odenwald right on the way to the Ring.

Edit: Just in case we do the Northern approach, I just stumbled upon Panarbora, which has among other things a treetop path with a presumably awesome view from a tower and is located about halfway between Siegen and Bonn. Sounds like an interesting change of pace.

Last edited:
After the initial chaos, i managed to push some projects around to take time off for Ringmeet. I'll be there thu. - sun., Car + tent.

Checking through travel rules on the German travel website doesn't really detail much as far as recent findings. Only stuff from about Mid-May with no real answer on if things will change for leisure travel. Schengen is of course open from what I can tell. :( Hopefully around the 15 June things will change for the better.

I checked on the Chunnel website and at the moment they only allow travel to France for very specific reasons, very much fingers crossed that this will be relaxed in the next month. I wouldn't consider a ferry.

Checking through travel rules on the German travel website doesn't really detail much as far as recent findings. Only stuff from about Mid-May with no real answer on if things will change for leisure travel. Schengen is of course open from what I can tell. :( Hopefully around the 15 June things will change for the better.

Schengen is not open yet. A bunch of openings will happen on Monday, but it won't be close to fully open. For sailing reasons I've been keeping track of the Danish plans, so for reference: Come Monday people living in Germany, Norway and Iceland can vacation in Denmark (except Copenhagen) again if they stay for 6 days, and Schleswig-Holstein residents (me :tease:) can come for any reason, any duration. Swedes can only transit through Denmark if heading elsewhere. In short, it's complicated:

1591971158610.png

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/schl...tsche-Touristen-ab-15-Juni,daenemark1140.html

?

Schengen is not open yet. A bunch of openings will happen on Monday, but it won't be close to fully open. For sailing reasons I've been keeping track of the Danish plans, so for reference: Come Monday people living in Germany, Norway and Iceland can vacation in Denmark (except Copenhagen) again if they stay for 6 days, and Schleswig-Holstein residents (me :tease:) can come for any reason, any duration. Swedes can only transit through Denmark if heading elsewhere. In short, it's complicated:
?

Almost correct ;-) they removed the 'except Copenhagen' bit a few days ago.

I'll be at Ringmeet from thursday to sunday at Faltin, and I'll bring @NLZW735 (Nicholas from Telegram) along with me. :)

Germany has extended outside travel restrictions to June 30th provided you don’t have permanent residence or work visa.

So, since this is still on track to happen to some (most likely smaller than usual) degree, let me start a list with what I have so far, and then I'd like feedback from people that changed their mind. So far the list is short. Very short.

Camping:
- thomas+1
- Matt
- Tobi
- Loose
- Bobele
- nicjasno
- Adrian
- larswey
- Terrex

Hotel:
- chris, if they let him in
- MacGuffin
- Grip + Jules (possibly camping though)
- leviathan
- danrom
- mitchi + some numbers nicholas thing
- narf

So........ anyone else?

Last edited: