Ringmeet 2020 - A clear case of Carownervirus!

wooohooo! If your government insists on keeping us Germans out, you can transport some brake parts for @Brotan that @public has ordered to my place.
I'm sure we can sort it out :)

As for fluids...I think I'll try to keep to the ones I know to be good. :D

Malört!

Like Salmiakki Koskenkorva?

Can't remember if I've tried it but when I looked it up this was one of the image results and I think it tells me everything I need to know. :LOL:

1592920554525.png

For sure! That or Laplandia espresso shot... @Galantti found this little gem a while back!

Got some of that at Christmas last year, great stuff.

Can't remember if I've tried it but when I looked it up this was one of the image results and I think it tells me everything I need to know. :LOL:

View attachment 3557848

Got some of that at Christmas last year, great stuff.
So clearly one has to grab a bottle of that for tasting purposes.
It's an "acquired taste" :D

So clearly one has to grab a bottle of that for tasting purposes.
It's an "acquired taste" :D
I think you have to like Salmiakki AND Koskenkorva...so about 0.17% of the population.

I hope our borders will be open by then. There's a renewed lockdown of the slovenian-austrian border in the talks.

I think you have to like Salmiakki AND Koskenkorva...so about 0.17% of the population.
Or 100% of Finns! It's a matter of perspective!

Also, if someone wants to send coco this salmiakki koskenkorva (or the bäska!)...I'm for it.

My European currency card is frozen for an unknown length of time because the German company that runs it has gone under, like I needed another hurdle. News still says an 'air bridge' is likely from the UK to avoid 14 day quarantine but that's no good to me if I want to drive...

My European currency card is frozen for an unknown length of time because the German company that runs it has gone under, like I needed another hurdle. News still says an 'air bridge' is likely from the UK to avoid 14 day quarantine but that's no good to me if I want to drive...

I would just relax - Things are moving pretty quickly with little advanced warning, we are a month and a half out from Ringmeet and anything can happen!

I was planning to do a three to five day trip around Germany before Ringmeet anyway. [...] to the East in the Mittelgebirge area, ranging from the Bavarian Forest on the Czech border up to the Harz and then Sauer-/Sieger-/Bergisches Land or Spessart/Odenwald right on the way to the Ring.
*bump*

This is on. @leviathan and I would be happy to have more vehicles to convoy with. :) As also mentioned in the Roadtrip 20201 thread, interested people, please announce your interest. I won't open a thread for just two participants, but I will for more. :D

Edit: @narf announced his interest in the roadtrip thread, so I made a dedicated thread.

Last edited:
A thing to keep in mind for radio users - the German exception for radios expires after June 30th 2020, making holding a radio while driving as expensive as holding a mobile phone.

I would just relax - Things are moving pretty quickly with little advanced warning, we are a month and a half out from Ringmeet and anything can happen!

Yeah I'll just wait and see, I'm usually done planning by now and don't like doing things at the last minute. :p

A thing to keep in mind for radio users - the German exception for radios expires after June 30th 2020, making holding a radio while driving as expensive as holding a mobile phone.

Apparently that also applies to CB radio hand units too, which seems ridiculous as they only have one button.

the German exception for radios expires after June 30th 2020
What? Did they forget to extend it or what? Where is the protest from truckers? That's basically a ban on two-way radios...

(my solution is to clip the external microphone/speaker thing to the seat belt)

What? Did they forget to extend it or what? Where is the protest from truckers? That's basically a ban on two-way radios...

(my solution is to clip the external microphone/speaker thing to the seat belt)

23a StVO:
(1a) Wer ein Fahrzeug führt, darf ein elektronisches Gerät, das der Kommunikation, Information oder Organisation dient oder zu dienen bestimmt ist, nur benutzen, wenn
1. hierfür das Gerät weder aufgenommen noch gehalten wird

52 StVO:
(4) § 23 Absatz 1a ist im Falle der Verwendung eines Funkgerätes erst ab dem 1. Juli 2020 anzuwenden.

Can't hold an electronic device for communication. It's not a ban on two-way radios, just a ban on non-hands-free communication.

And if you're wondering whether that applies to just the hand unit of a mounted radio, @Matt2000 is correct.

35 StVO:
(9) Wer ohne Beifahrer ein Einsatzfahrzeug der Behörden und Organisationen mit Sicherheitsaufgaben (BOS) führt und zur Nutzung des BOS-Funks berechtigt ist, darf unbeschadet der Absätze 1 und 5a abweichend von § 23 Absatz 1a ein Funkgerät oder das Handteil eines Funkgerätes aufnehmen und halten.