Ringmeet 2020 - Too hot to handle CarOwner streaming event

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Starting the thread just to get my stupid title in. :p At some point I will be home long enough to write something and add moar pictures (the little I have).

Meanwhile, few teasers.

Dam it, Joe
ACtC-3d3VmMbQbWadKorZ-E2eDD9qYpppo6ziobPqpuVEuNJLrUVMLV_pHZVAFqDoySWAF917I3JtXAdYieUv8AlBYdutKzpjVEP-dcrtt9roIu0qPnBs-OwDHGLtGxQu3DaqRd-tsQ8dQdHjfah2ky6QQbA0g=w1250-h937-no

Daily streaming service
ACtC-3dwPsJqWf5q7Y4_luDGHqp3Q1WTxyoWfXrEPJ3aRCqfLiZCwcdZTikj5MB6odPEq7OEFBnwX8r4uhGdgiX0fcnipjLMBxJ704kIonCrXS-Wv2BoruloBFzQVhvK-j-wJy6gc1C70EgAc_CqBPxyBlVqPQ=w1250-h937-no

Shady evening activities
ACtC-3cZbK2vrcQ6C5OIuqHGPQYitH5l5tqeQDPmJouNIciOPOBsMqx5EfpT0dQ9rt5Cgmx9lp8i3o7HMFHmq3ubIgiicc9CA2NLiahMfATxOqMsqk4C2s3Kk0igQap0-FvprOpTB9C60csIJIQvXP6EL9KNug=w1250-h937-no

Quattro with a horn
ACtC-3dmcxxdiOlFwVWhzc9zlTCZLT9O1AWFLeLm3_9qKjeVxm5y3KEBHPvo7OOVMgBHKmwbi6Ot5WbjRx0ONABqwZ5Q_-kXkjmZ4lXiLCS6z2Xwd2xH-ybF0NoaNdJADoYMHHkJMLflezt6jtB6NvAHZkSX8A=w1250-h937-no

Ringmeet 2020!

Let's start off with a car wash:

Then to the campsite:

Then setting up the tent:

Selfie!

Water aquired

TV aquired ... Not that it was used for Ringmeet as planned :p

The cars were actually lined up at the front - there is quite some size difference:

37°, perfect time to get your feet wet:

A blurry pic of a Civic:

DanRom and I headed to the track for a lap only to find the track closed, when leaving we saw some smoke:

We slowed down on one fo the roads and I got this pic:

It was almost certainly this:

Building a dam!

Watching people build a dam!

Terrex floating in the dam!

I need more of these:

Ringmeet mascot 2020:

Spot the odd one out:

Ready to go for a lap ... Adrian was kind enough to let me lap the supidly fast Model S - Sadly battery overheating meant that by the end it was heavily down on power ... Still, it was a fun lap and the car really does drive well!

It was raining a lot and there was a puddle ... I drove through it and covered the model 3 in crap :-D

Our team won the pub quiz and this was the prize!

All in all, this was a super awesome ringmeet, everyone was extremely relaxed and we just had fun! I am looking forward to the next one!

The cars were actually lined up at the front - there is quite some size difference:

A blurry pic of a Civic:

DanRom and I headed to the track for a lap only to find the track closed, when leaving we saw some smoke:

I need more of these:

Even if yours is bigger... we still both had similar issues with power!
We stopped on the way back and got some more Lonkero. It's good stuff. The original flavor is good too but I prefer the orange one.

I'll try and upload my pics too as soon as I can.

So, here are some of my pictures. You can also see the full album if you like.

The part of the roadtrip crew that actually went to Ringmeet arrived at some point on Thursday afternoon and we immediately commenced standing around and doing nothing. Well, checking in to the hotels and then getting dinner at the traditional Thursday evening venue.

Later on, @thomas discovered that @Mitchi's Corvette is made for midgets. Seriously, I thought my Miata was tight, but this... :D

On Friday, we went to Adenau to have some Döner, charge a Tesla and then continue towards the Ring. Some nice vehicles were parked around town. Among them a sister to my bike:

and a gorgeous Ferrari 512 BB:

I do have the feeling that I have taken pictures of that exact same car before... maybe even parked in the same spot. Déjà vu?

Someone really didn't want any sunshine in his parked car. Very understandable, because it was very hot the whole weekend, as you have already seen further up the thread.

At the ring entrance, about to go for a very silent and surprisingly frightening lap in the Tesla 3, our eyes were treated to a classic Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Super <3

Back on the parking lot, some nice old Volvos and the innocent brother of @Adrian's 8er:

That night, I had to help @narf getting rid of an uninvited guest in his hotel room... I gently showed the cute little spider the way outside... :D and went to my room, consciously avoiding switching on any lights while the window. Not only because open window, but because I simply didn't want to know if I had similar visitors. :rofl:

Saturday, another day at the track. I went for a lap in the morning. Sorry for the German dialogue, but @leviathan was passengering and so it was convenient. :D

We were overtaken by the Green Beast ringtaxi at just the right moment before the Pflanzgarten jump :woot:

The highlight of the day regarding car sightings was this group of Dutch lunatics:

Then we went to Pflanzgarten where they have opened a nice new parking lot. In my opinion, the is a better spectator spot than Brünnchen.

Niiiiice.

@Anesthesia coming through

and @DaHitch

Nice plate. :)

From the timestamps, that was around 1pm. The track closed due to an accident soon after (see @loose_unit's post) and it was far too hot to stand there waiting for it to open again, so most of us went back to the campsite.

The next day, @narf wanted to continue on another roadtrip, but before, get another lap in and I wanted to be passenger. 20 minutes after the track opened, someone had already crashed at Hatzenbach. Luckily, yellow flags were already out.

After saying goodbye to @narf, I took my car on the second lap this weekend with @loose_unit on the passenger seat and a trunk full of luggage because I had already checked out of my hotel room:

Last picture: another nice plate.

At some point, I decided to head back to the campsite where I hung out with some of the group for a bit before heading home.

It was again an awesome weekend and it's always good to see you guys again. Unfortunately many regulars were missing due to the current travel hindrances. During the weekend, the anti Corona measures made visiting the track actually more fun because it was less crowded and noticably less chaotic at the entrance. But I am looking forward to have a full-strength ringmeet again, hopefully already next year. :)

Thanks especially to @thomas for organizing this and to @DaBoom, @Dr_Grip and @_Jules_ for the pubquiz. And @loose_unit for the powerless TV. :D

Later on, @thomas discovered that @Mitchi's Corvette is made for midgets. Seriously, I thought my Miata was tight, but this... :D

Some strange things happened which not even I did understand. Some people say these pictures might have been photoshopped by @LP .

SjXHNOS.jpg

wihoMeB.jpg

TpGZMYF.jpg

UxyuJav.jpg

My shots are from the roadtrip me and @DaBoom did and the following ringmeet. I understand that the trip before that is probably not the pictures folks are looking for but I thought I'd share since it was a part of our trip. I should have taken a lot more shots on the ring part of the trip. I took a ton of pictures and there are lots of the roadtrip shots in here. But not even a tenth of them. :D

Arriving on thursday. At this point we had done some 4000ish km.
HdlrjNv.jpg

The party tent and trusty cooler!
7t21kTq.jpg

500ZHAt.jpg

Tent town taking shape
UUWozMO.jpg

Saw a fellow honda owner at the ring. Talked to him a bit. Small 1.4 engine but some cool mods none the less
vxt1w5F.jpg

ZCx1XsB.jpg

Sad reminder of things that unfortunately happen.
XhnsnQH.jpg

Shots from the ring and sand parking lots.
cVlZc8O.jpg

8OvwCAc.jpg

Okd7iRt.jpg

6QJgNk3.jpg

VscRjMi.jpg

5srM6ZZ.jpg

4PbMFTl.jpg

OW2wlkw.jpg

XO1pv4X.jpg

OOVbyD8.jpg

Shots from the youtube famous fuel station
1UAPxFO.jpg

M5HAMbM.jpg

qNFZAbT.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures, brings back great memories of last year. The Austrian side of Timmelsjoch was just as foggy for us last year.

Great pictures, brings back great memories of last year. The Austrian side of Timmelsjoch was just as foggy for us last year.
Thanks! It was awesome! :)
And it was also an odd feeling going from clear weather to the clouds by just driving through the tunnel.

Thanks! It was awesome! :)
And it was also an odd feeling going from clear weather to the clouds by just driving through the tunnel.

Oh man, it is a special moment.

Or start at 1:00:34 if the bookmark doesn't work.

Oh man, it is a special moment.

Or start at 1:00:34 if the bookmark doesn't work.
Works. And yeah that's exactly the amount of awesome it was :)

Great Roadtrip! Interesting to see all that snow at Stelvio in the middle of summer.