• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Ringmeet 2021 - Aw Balls - making a detour! (August 12th-16th)

The main road looks flooded too and we know how much higher that is than the ground at the campsite. Craziness. I suppose that this is something to keep in mind if we wanted to buy a party tent, assuming the campsite re-opens again.
"On this episode of Condition: Cheap."

Thomas buys an amphibious Bora?
That would be Bora-ing. *Cough*

"On this episode I show you how to get 20 litres of water out of car seats and carpets using only a handheld vacuum, a sponge and 37 moisture absorber pots."

If the buyback is free, I'll get it ?

Anyway, the aerial photo shown is already with the water approximately 2 meters receded. So whatever you see of the bridges and many other things, it was all submerged. And the fact that there's only one of the big white things on the VS office roof left, does not bode well..

Is there anything we could do to get Viktoria-Station (and any other place that's been super good to us) back on its feet once the water recedes?

Is there anything we could do to get Viktoria-Station (and any other place that's been super good to us) back on its feet once the water recedes?
sausage tank (wurstkessel) maybe could use a hand?

That would be Bora-ing. *Cough*

"On this episode I show you how to get 20 litres of water out of car seats and carpets using only a handheld vacuum, a sponge and 37 moisture absorber pots."
That sounds more like a @nicjasno guest appearance to be honest..

I just saw an article that in the district Ahrweiler where Kreuzberg is located there are currently 1300 people missing (that number should be so high since the telecommunication infrastructure has been almost completely destroyed so they just can't be reached though) and disaster alert has been activated. That district has been hit the hardest since it's predominantly located in the Ahr valley, and you can see the pictures above.

It's heartbreaking to read the news.

I just saw an article that in the district Ahrweiler where Kreuzberg is located there are currently 1300 people missing (that number should be so high since the telecommunication infrastructure has been almost completely destroyed so they just can't be reached though) and disaster alert has been activated. That district has been hit the hardest since it's predominantly located in the Ahr valley, and you can see the pictures above.
Telecom is easy to fix, relatively speaking, real trouble: most bridges are down

This one has a shot of the bridge into Viktoria-Station, and it looks really grim (h/t Jan): https://www.seznamzpravy.cz/clanek/...uje-historii-jeji-duvod-vedce-zaskocil-169874

I'm goin' to something even if I have to sleep in a loaner car or stick to farting around in the mountains/higher ground. Hell, I'm going even if I have to help haul some damn mud out in a rental car. Nürburg and the higher spots were at least largely OK. We just need the damn rain to go away so it doesn't get worse.

I'm honestly more concerned about the V-S/Sausage Castle people given the looks of the photos. :( Crap.

If the buyback is free, I'll get it ?
C-can we put a rollcage in it and go for ULTIMATE LEMONS DOMINATION? Asking for an idiot who loves Bora-ing VW products. :p

As much as there is a temptation to go and look, it's certainly better not to. Leave it clear for those who will be working on clearing debris and hazards, and making it safe again, because that's going to take a very long time.

Campsite front grass.. you can see the old building across from where we usually stay, you're looking at the train bridge. Somewhere there.. on the far left you can see one of those little lamps next to the dumpster corner.. Also, note the water line on the old building. half way to the third floor..

I'm afraid, while I haven't reached Viktoria, Christoph or Conny (from Wurstkessel), that basically everything there is completely gone or beyond repair.
unwetter-907~_v-gross20x9.jpg

Cross-posting the update from Im Wurstkessel you found earlier, via Google Translate:
Dear friends and guests of the Wurstkessel,

Conny and Heino are doing well, the rest of our family was also able to save itself.
Kreuzberg is really no longer recognizable. Countless houses destroyed or no longer there. We are speechless and deeply shaken.
Understand that we cannot answer every text message, email, WhatsApp or massage.
Your Wurstkessel

Based on the water flow I’d say that awning probably came from a campsite further up the river.

The building is still there though, that’s got to be a positive surely. Not sure how the wooden construction would be affected, maybe it will have to be pulled down. :(