Ringmeet 2021 - Aw Balls - making a detour! (August 12th-16th)

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
OK let's get a thread going, just to get an idea of who's actually coming, wanting to come, able to come, or considering it.

If the campsite is allowed to open for us by then.

You know the deal, Viktoria-Station, hotels nearby, dates in the topic, ring, tents, drinks, same shit different year :D

I'll have yet to determine whether or not prices will change, just like Christopher from the campsite is waiting for the gubmint to let him open for everyone. Right now he's only allowed to let people in campervans in with their own sanitary facilities.

I'm considering it. Or perhaps you could even say I want to come. I'll most likely have my Covid passport, I'll be able to afford it, and I'll be free in August to do it.

That being said, we all know how uncertain things are these days, especially for travelling to another country. And I still haven't decided on hotel vs. tent, nor on how long I'd stay. I haven't even decided on how I'd get there, as everything is so uncertain.

I'll ask around to decide on those things, but yeah, put me on a considering or wanting to come list.

Also, there are two people from the forums I want to buy beer, they both live in Germany. :D

I’m planning to, flight, rental car, hotel are booked. My 5G autism gene is in place.

If booking at Weihs isn’t possible or they just don’t respond, im Wurstkessel has rooms apparently.

I'll be there, if possible at all. My vaccination will be done by then.

My plan is to sleep in my tent, Thursday to Sunday, and bring my car. Just out of consideration for the campsite really.
However I have already booked a room at Faltin for the duration, intended as a backup and therefore subject to cancellation or passing on to someone else. That decision will be made only a few days, say at most a week, before the meet though.

Having missed it last year I'd definitely like to come this year if it's happening. The dates are already marked in my calendar. I'll either bring my tent (not the crappy tent I had in 2019 that broke, it went back to Decathlon) or sleep in the car.

I look forward to fighting over charging spots as the number of EVs increases. :LOL:

We would like to attend, but I don't think we will be fully vaccinated.
Also, since it's 3 people, we will probably stay at a hotel.

-Redliner
-Mrs. Redliner
-Smaller Redliner

FYI:

Neither the campsite or the state require vaccination or even tests there, that is not a concern and since we made it through last year's meet without any infection, I am certain it will be fine. So nobody should consider not coming due to the lack of vaccination, unless of course your means of travel require it. I also offered the campsite to test everyone if it's helpful, but was told that at this point that is not required.

But: quick tests are readily available and reasonable affordable, so if that is preferred by either the campsite or the majority of people attending, I will just include some tests in the fees and buy them in bulk to have them available.

I have a room booked in the sausage cauldron :lmao: Thu-Sun, 5G fully installed.

Is this where Harry Potter would take place if it was set in Germany?

Also kinda useless for this purpose, no?
Depends on how you define "rapid test". Self tests are nice for knowing, but useless over here for anything that requires a fresh test.
However, free rapid testing is available literally everywhere, and those come with a certificate that gets you into places that require a fresh test. Even the small town of Adenau has at least three test sites.

My plane tickets are booked, I should be able to attend Friday night until Sunday :D

I need to decide if I book a room or sleep in my car.

Ok, tenting it is then

Depends on how you define "rapid test". Self tests are nice for knowing, but useless over here for anything that requires a fresh test.
However, free rapid testing is available literally everywhere, and those come with a certificate that gets you into places that require a fresh test. Even the small town of Adenau has at least three test sites.
I am thinking about the antigen rapid tests.
Those are usefull to tell if you had it, not if you are at risk of giving it to others.