Ringmeet 2021 - Aw Balls - making a detour! (August 12th-16th)

if there are some sober people
I don't usually drink, so I would gladly drive people to and from hotels.
Also, whatever you decide is fine by me. I trust you.

The spot looks good. For those unwilling to camp there seem a be a handful of vacation homes, rooms, flats and beds available in the area (10-25 minutes of driving); especially if 2 people or more are sharing, it's attainable.

Quoting this to tell you @thomas that Nicholas and I have a friend who's coming over and likely tenting for the night from saturday to sunday at the camping spot, if possible. If there's a tent left over that he could use that would be great.

Called a campsite I found that might be suitable:

Pros:
+ generally speaking space is available, my preferred spot on their land (off the main campsite) is currently offered to helping organizations if they need space for containers or whatever, but he hasn't heard back and somewhat far away from an actually flooded place, and would rent it out if he doesn't hear back from anyone in a few days
+ he also got a long strip of what is practically 20 camper lots that we could use, we'd probably have to get a bit creative with separating tents/cars and a community area
+ there is a local club that rents out a party tent, but availability is unknown

Cons:
- they have a small selection of rental huts, but they're all either unavailable due to renovations or rented out on the Ringmeet weekend
- there are no hotels in the town in question, only 2 "vacation homes", both are n/a
- I haven't found hotel rooms available closer than 10km in Daun.
- prices are higher than other campsites, although I haven't dug into the details yet or talked to him about a group rate.

The campsite:

Distance to the tourist entrance

Map of the campsite (clickable version here) - definitely available spots are the lots on the bottom right "164 - 198", the strip of green, possibly and preferably available is the yellow-green square on the left with the camper and tent symbols. That is commonly empty, and would be ideal for us, especially since the sanitary installations are there, and not half a mile away like on the other spot.

lp-big.png

So, the question now goes out to everyone, both the campers if you think this would be an ok location with either spots (strip on the road or field in the back), and to the hotel people, if you can/would camp instead, or find a hotel that you need to drive 10-15 minutes to, which reduces drinking options. But if there are some sober people, late night hotel runs could be done, as long as some cars are left at the hotels for people to get back to the campsite.

Since the hotel people have the bigger impact here, I'll tag them for faster response.
@MacGuffin @93Flareside @leviathan @narf @DaBoom @D-Fence @NLZW735 @Mitchi @lip

This is by no means a decisions for this campsite, this is merely the first one I found that seems unaffected and able to accomodate us.

Since I'll have to wait until September for my second shot, flying in is a bit of a hassle (and/or expensive) still. I haven't decided either way yet. But if I get to join I'll switch to camping, if there are tents available. I can probably cram in a mattress and a sleeping bag of my own. And I'm also willing to drive people to/from hotels if needed.

Called a campsite I found that might be suitable:

Pros:
+ generally speaking space is available, my preferred spot on their land (off the main campsite) is currently offered to helping organizations if they need space for containers or whatever, but he hasn't heard back and somewhat far away from an actually flooded place, and would rent it out if he doesn't hear back from anyone in a few days
+ he also got a long strip of what is practically 20 camper lots that we could use, we'd probably have to get a bit creative with separating tents/cars and a community area
+ there is a local club that rents out a party tent, but availability is unknown

Cons:
- they have a small selection of rental huts, but they're all either unavailable due to renovations or rented out on the Ringmeet weekend
- there are no hotels in the town in question, only 2 "vacation homes", both are n/a
- I haven't found hotel rooms available closer than 10km in Daun.
- prices are higher than other campsites, although I haven't dug into the details yet or talked to him about a group rate.

The campsite:

Distance to the tourist entrance

Map of the campsite (clickable version here) - definitely available spots are the lots on the bottom right "164 - 198", the strip of green, possibly and preferably available is the yellow-green square on the left with the camper and tent symbols. That is commonly empty, and would be ideal for us, especially since the sanitary installations are there, and not half a mile away like on the other spot.

lp-big.png

So, the question now goes out to everyone, both the campers if you think this would be an ok location with either spots (strip on the road or field in the back), and to the hotel people, if you can/would camp instead, or find a hotel that you need to drive 10-15 minutes to, which reduces drinking options. But if there are some sober people, late night hotel runs could be done, as long as some cars are left at the hotels for people to get back to the campsite.

Since the hotel people have the bigger impact here, I'll tag them for faster response.
@MacGuffin @93Flareside @leviathan @narf @DaBoom @D-Fence @NLZW735 @Mitchi @lip

This is by no means a decisions for this campsite, this is merely the first one I found that seems unaffected and able to accomodate us.
As a camper, and considering this is my first ever Ringmeet, I'd be down for anything that isn't terribly expensive.

Booked the AirBnB just to be sure (I really don't like camping). Can still cancel until 12th of Aug for free if we don't go there.
Just one bed and in the same house as the guys renting it out, so I guess sharing is not working...

Finger crossed!

I did find this Not an Air BnB But Kind of Is. This is 2 minutes by car, 15mins on foot.

email sent, we'll see what they say because of course the pricing isn't listed on their website.

there is also this in the same town. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/355257...on_id=p3_1626714115_5qg2jWN8zTleIPMU&guests=1
Sent a second email. :|

Updates!!

1.) I booked the campsite!
We'll get the back lot unless it is being requested by authorities, in which case we'll move to the long stretch along the road and figure out how to set that up.
2.) He'll give my number to a local camping club guy that may be able to provide a partytent - I am waiting to hear from that person.
3.) Just like VS he has connections for drinks with his own provider, who also does frailers and fridges. He said I can order stuff through him and he'll put some sort of fridge or something alike on the grass for us to use.
4.) Saturday dinner is set
- see below.
5.) payment will as usual be handled through me, he's fine with that.

The Campsite:

Campingpark Dockweiler Mühle (Dockweiler Mill) in 54552 Dockweiler, Mühlenweg 1.
Homepage:
https://www.campingpark-dockweiler-muehle.de/

They do have rental properties, which are unfortunately all booked. They have 1 rental "only-roof" house (4 single beds) and 3 "sleeping barrels" with a twin bed. Cancellations are possible, feel free to check HERE - select dates, 3rd drop down selecet "Fass" for the barrels or "Nurdachhaus" for the "big" house. Then select "1 Erwachsener" for 1 adult where it says "Erwachsene". Click on the green button and it'll update and scroll to the map below, where you see the green (available) or red (booked) markers for the 3 barrels "F01-F03", or NH6 for the big house.

They do have 5 small 2-bed only-roof-houses too (NH1-5), which are not being rented out right now due to their condition. The campsite has changed ownership at the beginning of the year and the reviews have gone up noticeably since.

The town of "Dreis-Brück" is practically in walking distance, 1-1,5km, has a restaurant and "bikertreff" that does vietnamese and german food, Schnitze, Curry, and Sushi are they key features on the menu. I booked us space for 25-30 people (current list) for saturday, 14th, 7pm. Like in Wurstkessel, due to the size of the group, they'd like to narrow down the menu in order to provide a reasonable service. They asked me to get feedback from as many people as possible what they'd like to heat, so please checek the menu and tell me. You don't have to pick your dinner right now, but a selection of "I could eat this, this or that" would be good, to get an idea between everyone.

ALSO:
This place does have guest rooms too, but they're almost booked out for the ringmeet weekend. The only available rooms left are 2 "double rooms" which are in fact triple rooms, single beds avaiable. The rooms are 45 EUR per night w/ breakfast, but I don't know if that's only if you actually book it with 2 people or not, I forgot to inquire, and I've heard stuff like that before. But some people might be able to share a room here if desired. Contact/booking via website.

There are some airbnbs in the area, or german "Ferienwohnung", and a few hotels, but the available ones seem to be at least in the city of Daun, ~10-15 car minutes away. There is a bakery in town, open every day but sunday, 6:30am to 6pm. 500m from the rear grass lot away. Same goes for an ATM (Volksbank branch), also 500m from the campsite, and 300m from the bakery (you might need cash in a small town bakery).

Current list, now with dates as presumed or stated, and (NEW) prices:

camping

thomas+1, car, thu-mon, 109 EUR
danrom, car, thu-sun, 73 EUR
DaHitch, car, thu-mon, 89 EUR
Galantti, car, thu-mon, 89 EUR
gt1750+1, car, thu-mon, 109 EUR - extra friends are 89 EUR per full thu-mon/car, 81 EUR without car.
loose, car, thu-mon, 89 EUR
coco, car, thu-mon, 89 EUR
tobi, no-car, thu-sun, 67 EUR
Ales, car, thu-mon, 89 EUR
Ice, car, thu-mon, 89 EUR
adrian, car, thu-mon, 89 EUR
dave+1, car, thu-mon, 109 EUR
tram, no-car, thu-mon, 81 EUR
bobele, car, thu-mon, 89 EUR
Redliner +2, car, fri-sun, 77 EUR
olex, car, thu-mon, 89 EUR
NichoMitchFriend, car, sat-sun, 30 EUR
Beni, car, sat-sun, 30 EUR

hotel - 24 EUR each
chris
narf
daboom
d-fence
Lip
Mitchi
Nicholas

maybe
argatoga

other
shad, day-visit

Payment details (unchanged)
Please pay swiftly and correctly using the known ways:

German Account numbers:
Bank: DKB (Deutsche Kreditbank AG)
Account: 1018604924
BIC (BLZ): 12030000

European numbers (SEPA):
IBAN: DE36 1203 0000 1018 6049 24
BIC: BYLADEM1001

Paypal:
ringmeet@gmx.com
(Yadda yadda paypal fees, please mind if applicable.)

Last edited:
I could be interested in a guestroom, and wouldn't mind sharing with someone if need be.

I could be interested in a guestroom, and wouldn't mind sharing with someone if need be.

I've inquired to the restaurant, we'll see what the pricing hits back with.

Also...

1626886401696.png

"Let's go with the full Diesel." :D

They asked me to get feedback from as many people as possible what they'd like to heat, so please checek the menu and tell me. You don't have to pick your dinner right now, but a selection of "I could eat this, this or that" would be good, to get an idea between everyone.
1626887860423.png

When it comes to meals, I'm not particularly fond of mushrooms, but I can tolerate them if in a sauce or something. I would prefer something without it, but then, I see pretty much all Schnitzel options have them, so yeah, screw it. Rumpsteak would be perfect, though.

But then again, I'm open to foreign cuisines, as long as they're not particularly hard to digest. Basically, I'm up for whatever that isn't too mushroom-y and wouldn't give me explosive diarrhoea.

Sounds solid so far.

Regarding Menu: 14/17 - 110/107/402 where I'd choose from.

*Update* paypaled the monies to the ringmeet account. Although will leave most likely late sunday evening already.

Last edited:
"Let's go with the full Diesel." :D
You do know that's beer with cola, right? :yucky:

As for food, I'd be fine with the default German Schnitzel-ish, but started lightly drooling on the fried rice / fried noodles page :drool:
I'm starting to like the place, note menu item 703 :lmao:

If we're doing numbers, 102 103 502 402 501 401 503 403, maybe 612 611 613

Oh, and ? to @thomas ?

You do know that's beer with cola, right? :yucky:

As for food, I'd be fine with the default German Schnitzel-ish, but started lightly drooling on the fried rice / fried noodles page :drool:
I'm starting to like the place, note menu item 703 :lmao:

Oh, and ? to @thomas ?

I do now. I've had it before, tastes fine, a waste of beer sure but not awful.

I'm also good with Schnitzel and Fries. which schnitzel, well hopefully the place isn't too picky on that, provided we're not doing the whole menu.

I've inquired to the restaurant, we'll see what the pricing hits back with.

I got a prompt response in case someone else also wants to book a room at the restaurant.
1626891801360.png

They asked me to get feedback from as many people as possible what they'd like to heat, so please checek the menu and tell me. You don't have to pick your dinner right now, but a selection of "I could eat this, this or that" would be good, to get an idea between everyone.
I'll be happy with anything from 10x, 20x or 30x range, and I'll probably settle for Rumpsteak or Curry, depending what the meals on the previous days were like....