Ringmeet 2021 - I hope (August 12th-16th)

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Left a bit, no right a bit, just there. England.
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
I now have my first shot booked for the 19th, they estimate 11 weeks before the second one. If we need both for Ringmeet then I'll be out, I currently don't appear to meet the criteria to enter France at all. I don't want to book a channel crossing and have France or Germany change their mind last minute.

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, Cadillac Fleetwood, VW Eos, Focus Wagon
I now have my first shot booked for the 19th, they estimate 11 weeks before the second one. If we need both for Ringmeet then I'll be out, I currently don't appear to meet the criteria to enter France at all. I don't want to book a channel crossing and have France or Germany change their mind last minute.
Can't you go straight to Germany on some boat?

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Car(s)
Can't you go straight to Germany on some boat?
No routes and it would take forever. I'd really like them to extend the car train further into Europe one day so we can get to Germany much quicker while totally avoiding France. Can't be that difficult.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
There are ferries from Kingston Upon Hull to Belgium and the Netherlands, but none directly to Germany. But that's theoretical. Even if the UK allowed travel to mainland Europe, chances are that the EU (or Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium or France) won't let Brits in if they really get overrun by the Delta force. Stay safe, my friends.

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
You don't and won't need vaccination to travel, it'll either be "fine to travel with fresh negative test or proof of full vaccination" or "UK is full of VOC, no travel at all".

PS: How do I know this? Any hard requirement to have vaccination with no alternative will lead to *massive* shouting and likely a swift removal from office for whoever did it, because every politician ever has used every opportunity to ensure the public that there will be no backdoor to forced vaccinations.

Last edited:

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
Bus, Train, Bicycle, A 3 Pot Polo.
Current status: I'm in, at least for a day or two. Got some nights booked with the "Special" guy, let's see.

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Car(s)
You don't and won't need vaccination to travel, it'll either be "fine to travel with fresh negative test or proof of full vaccination" or "UK is full of VOC, no travel at all".
Yeah you don't need one now, France just has a list of 'compelling reasons' to enter the country without. Holiday isn't on it. Will keep an eye on the regulations.

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
Bus, Train, Bicycle, A 3 Pot Polo.
Yeah you don't need one now, France just has a list of 'compelling reasons' to enter the country without. Holiday isn't on it. Will keep an eye on the regulations.

"I want to go to Germany, and you are in the bloody way because we saved your ass in WWII, so show some gratitude and let me through you soap-hating frog eating imbecile"

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
"Transit on the way to somewhere else" isn't on the list either? You're not staying there for longer than you have to after all :p

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, Cadillac Fleetwood, VW Eos, Focus Wagon
I'm reasonably sure that transit without stay in the country is allowed in France. So if you leave the same day you get there, nobody should care. At least that was the last time I checked down here. Right now I can freely go back to France for shopping and shit