Ringmeet 2022 - Back to the Backup Campsite! - August 11th - 15th

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
*taptaptap* I know a lot of stuff is still up in the air planning-wise, but I figured it's about time for a Ringmeet thread to show up.

(Read: Please, for the love of parsh, get me out of my house.)

Who's probably goin'? And should I bring the inflatable sosig back? :D

I have vacation days put in and plan to use them in the usual way. That's about as far as I've planned yet.

Ringing @thomas.... how are things proceeding? Let us know if we can support you in organising stuff.

I might drop in during the day one day but won’t stay. Depends on who is joining I guess. 😇

I cancelled my work leave after deciding not to do the roadtrip, I haven't re-booked it for Ringmeet yet due to lack of... anything. Chunnel ticket prices are going up so if something isn't in place soon I'll be out.

I cancelled my work leave after deciding not to do the roadtrip, I haven't re-booked it for Ringmeet yet due to lack of... anything. Chunnel ticket prices are going up so if something isn't in place soon I'll be out.
How does that work these days with the EU exit stuff?

————-

Definitely planning on being there, though life is doing other things and ill of course have a new job that I don’t think has the same flexibility as the old one. I think weekend only and out by Sunday afternoon would be all I could do, but don’t quote me. I have a lot of other things on my plate that ringmeet is not taking top priority.

How does that work these days with the EU exit stuff?
Not much different by the look of things, just a few extra checks EU members wouldn't get. Looks like I might get my passport stamped which hasn't been a thing for as long as I can remember.

I need to get a UK sticker for the Mazda too, fortunately it doesn't have the blue GB plates the Smart and the Tesla had so I don't have to cover those over.

I'm probably going. And I'd like to see the sosig! :wicked:
awww yeah, I'll show you @x93flareside's sosig

(...twss?)

Me and Kristyna are planning to go, Thu-Sun as usual

Has anyone heard of an update at Viktoria-Station? Their website still states that they are closed, but maybe they just haven't updated their website even though they opened again.

Has anyone heard of an update at Viktoria-Station? Their website still states that they are closed, but maybe they just haven't updated their website even though they opened again.
I have been past there a few weeks ago.
In my opinion, it won't be open this season judging by the state of it, I would say they will need 2-3 months to get it back into operation. There are no facilities on-site for shower/toilets.

And the reason for why they haven’t rebuilt yet is because the owner hasn’t received an ok to reopen from the county. The region is designating new flood zones so some places aren’t allowed to reopen. VS is up in the air as the local government is dragging ass.

:( That sucks. So, we should probably get a move on booking a backup plan?

If V-S gets the OK to reopen later and we wanted to go there, would we be able to cancel a reservation elsewhere and head there? Maybe us booking a backup plan would jinx the government to get off their butts, haha.

Ok.. it's time, eh?

I talked to Christoph again today, and he now told me for good, there's no more hope this year. He got a workable green, he got financing approved for new installations, but he doesn't have building or operating permit and he is just being told to wait every month, and has been, since last year. At this point he has given up hope to be allowed to open this seasons. And the idea of just using his lot "without permission" is out too, since even then he can be fined 25000 Euros for ignoring the ban to operate, even if we use the campsite "against his will" (and donate some money later or beforehand).

He referred me to another campsite in the area, told me to drop his name, but I haven't reached them yet.

I am hesitant to go back to last year's campsite because it wasn't all that great, and the beverage prices were a rip-off. But it's not completely out when in doubt.

Ok.. it's time, eh?

I talked to Christoph again today, and he now told me for good, there's no more hope this year. He got a workable green, he got financing approved for new installations, but he doesn't have building or operating permit and he is just being told to wait every month, and has been, since last year. At this point he has given up hope to be allowed to open this seasons. And the idea of just using his lot "without permission" is out too, since even then he can be fined 25000 Euros for ignoring the ban to operate, even if we use the campsite "against his will" (and donate some money later or beforehand).

He referred me to another campsite in the area, told me to drop his name, but I haven't reached them yet.

I am hesitant to go back to last year's campsite because it wasn't all that great, and the beverage prices were a rip-off. But it's not completely out when in doubt.
Does the frailer not service last years camp site?

And the idea of just using his lot "without permission" is out too, since even then he can be fined 25000 Euros for ignoring the ban to operate, even if we use the campsite "against his will" (and donate some money later or beforehand).
I don't know who proposed it, but what a shitty idea.

Doesn’t hurt to ask silly questions sometimes, one day you’ll get an unexpected positive result. :p