Ringmeet 2022 - Back to the Backup Campsite! - August 11th - 15th

Hey now, thomas is the token American here.

Sooooooooo, maybe start off with Christoph's rec and then if that fails, ask the usual frailer folks who they'll deliver to and go from there?

Still sucks about Viktoria-Station, though. Next year, I hope. Man, that sucks for those guys.

well i have planetickets and vacation sheduled for the weekend, so i'll be there (and not be square, just round).

Well, after a "should work" on the phone I now got a "we don't have space for you" back per mail. Great. Digging around some more.

Last years place seems like it doesn't even have showers reliably currently, since they're being remodeled and according to reviews there are days when there aren't any to use. So just another point to why I'd rather not go back. At least the summer fest thing isn't on Ringmeet weekend..? Tried to call a few more places, but it feels like answering a phone is something people are unable to do. It's shocking how difficult it is to get ahold of anyone...

A long needed update:

After trying to find any campsite that isn't last years, I got several phone maybes, and then email telling me no. Because apparently when I say about 20 people in tents on the phone it is fine and they wanna know more, when I write in in an email, it is suddenly a group too big for their capacity? Anyway, tl;dr: We're going back to last years place - Camping Dockweiler Mühle. I called them, the lawn in the back is available on Ringmeet weekend, the boss lady will get back to me regarding tent and frailer availability. Regardless of that, unless she also changes her mind suddenly, we're going there again! I will try to get current prices and I will start a list this evening for participants. Prices will most likely be higher this year, knowing how much I ended up paying for shit there last year, and things haven't gotten cheaper. Recent reviews of the place indicate maybe new toilets and sinks, but only partially new showers, which may or may not be always available, they may be possibly remodeling those as we speak.

A long needed update:

After trying to find any campsite that isn't last years, I got several phone maybes, and then email telling me no. Because apparently when I say about 20 people in tents on the phone it is fine and they wanna know more, when I write in in an email, it is suddenly a group too big for their capacity? Anyway, tl;dr: We're going back to last years place - Camping Dockweiler Mühle. I called them, the lawn in the back is available on Ringmeet weekend, the boss lady will get back to me regarding tent and frailer availability. Regardless of that, unless she also changes her mind suddenly, we're going there again! I will try to get current prices and I will start a list this evening for participants. Prices will most likely be higher this year, knowing how much I ended up paying for shit there last year, and things haven't gotten cheaper. Recent reviews of the place indicate maybe new toilets and sinks, but only partially new showers, which may or may not be always available, they may be possibly remodeling those as we speak.
Still got a few weeks to get those showers ready! It will be fiiiiine

That's great news! I am looking forward to it - I will show up Thursday afternoon some time, I will bring the fire pit thing and then we will need to go fill up the Bora with wood!

Awesome! I've booked an AirBnB in the village where we had the Saturday dinner last time, no tent for me this time around. Arriving on Friday with the roadtrip group, so Fri-Mon, car only, no camping.

I should have speculated on this earlier. Now all the rooms in town are gone.

So, unless someone having secured a room in time is willing to share it with me (pretty please?), I'm in for...

Fri-Sun, bike + tent.

The yoozh from me. Thursday to Monday, 1 car, 1 tent.

I'm guessing @nicjasno is the same, sans car, as he'll be passengering with me.

Managed to arrange cat hotel at short notice, I'll be there Thursday-Monday, with car. (y)

Great work getting a campsite Thomas. I'm going to see what the prices are before deciding, the Chunnel cost is quite steep now.

Haha, I see that title edit. Parsh is still stored in the balls, though.

Fri.-Sun., no car, need to borrow a tent.

TF times, as of right now:
Thurs. 8/11: 17:30-19:30
Fri. 8/12: Nope
Sat. 8/13: 13:00-19:00
Sun. 8/14: 13:00-19:00
Mon. 8/15: 17:15-19:30

(...I should book a rental at some point, I guess)