Ringmeet 2022: We Won’t Back Daun

Tram

Ring, ring!
Since nobody else opened the Ringmeet photothread, here I am to save the day. Well, it's not even saving the month, since we're already well into September. Nevertheless, I hereby declare the thread open.

Most of the pics (actually, pretty much all of the pics) I've taken were around the Nürburgring, so I'll post them with sparse explanations of what they depict.

This Shelby Mustang GT500 (this is a GT500, right?) had these ridiculous-looking exhaust tips, which were in fact silencers made to keep the car's noise below 130 dB, as per Nürburgring regulations. They look ridiculous, but that very much fits the rest of the car IMHO:

DSC_0299.jpg

A pre-war car that I can't identify, but I think I've heard Bentley somewhere around the track:

DSC_0312.jpg

The absolute highlight of the year for me, somebody brought one of my childhood poster cars: a yellow Lamborghini Diablo. I can only imagine how much a lap in this thing ends up costing fuel-wise and tire-wise, but I'm glad they brought it!

DSC_0317.jpg

IMG_8007.jpg

IMG_8010.jpg

I'm usually not a big fan of the Porsche 930 for the fact that I prefer light and simple, and the car would kill me anyway, but in this color and with period-correct plates, it kinda works for me:

DSC_0319.jpg

911s were otherwise aplenty, this red air-cooled one with a short hood caught my eye:

DSC_0322.jpg

Now this was properly awesome, someone brought a Plymouth 'Cuda that seems to be tastefully modified and thoroughly restored:

DSC_0325.jpg

Some Japanese domestic market oddities were also present. I saw a Skyline R34 which appeared to be a GT-R, a Toyota Caldina, and this Toyota Chaser:

DSC_0333.jpg

Is it too obvious that I like 911s?

DSC_0341.jpg

Some black Japanese cars:

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

IMG_8032.jpg

Including what seems to be a completely unmodified Supra:

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

Another pre-war car I can't identify (is it too obvious pre-war cars are not my stronger suit?):

DSC_0375.jpg

@Adrian and some YouTuber in the passenger seat:

DSC_0377.jpg

@loose_unit and a seemingly very happy @gt1750:

DSC_0378.jpg

The nicest-looking Japanese car I saw around the Ring this year:

IMG_8030.jpg

IMG_8023.jpg

And an old Morris Oxford (correct me if I'm wrong) driven by a bunch of young British lads who were in Georgia with it prior to coming to the Ring. Props to them for being so mad:

IMG_8029.jpg

And a bit of a sad picture for the end. While I've never been to the old campsite that was used for FinalGear Ringmeets for multiple years, I got to see the remains of it this year. Although it didn't have such a strong connotation to me as it did for the people who were there before the floods, this picture (although admittedly not the best picture) shows how high the water was. On the corner of that house, in he topmost center part of the picture, you can see a plaque which shows the date and height of water on that date. It's a slightly frightening thing to see, and a reminder that nature is indeed a powerful force:

IMG_8019.jpg

I also love 911s, heh.