Ringmeet 2023 - Viktoria-Station or bust! August 10th - 14th 2023

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
Well, Ringmeet 2022 is still going on and we visited Christoph at VS. I talked to Christoph and giving up is not an option and he will open next year, he will find a way even with a temporary permit of some kind. He is determined. I told him we will be there as usual, second August weekend, starting Thursday the 10th 2023. Which as a reminder is also his birthday. So you bet there will be cake.

I also want to reintroduce the plan of crowdfunding a good party tent that will be installed at VS, like with a pallet floor again like in the olden days. They get to use it and maintain it, we use it when we're there. I may or may not make a separate thread for that.

For now, that's it.

Beating me to the thread next year, I see. 🥳

Either way, good news! Definitely here for the idea of a party tent.

I'll already make my excuses... Wait! With an extra hand at the dragstrip next year, I'm more of a maybe than ever! :ROFLMAO:

Try it at least once. :)

Try it at least once. :)
Finalgear Ringmeet is a hell of a drug?

Well, Ringmeet 2022 is still going on and we visited Christoph at VS. I talked to Christoph and giving up is not an option and he will open next year, he will find a way even with a temporary permit of some kind. He is determined. I told him we will be there as usual, second August weekend, starting Thursday the 10th 2023. Which as a reminder is also his birthday. So you bet there will be cake.

I also want to reintroduce the plan of crowdfunding a good party tent that will be installed at VS, like with a pallet floor again like in the olden days. They get to use it and maintain it, we use it when we're there. I may or may not make a separate thread for that.

For now, that's it.

Also i am in for the partytent Pyram... scheme!

As usual, at this point I have every intention of coming. How this will change before August next year is anyone's guess.

The crowdfunded partytent idea always seemed good to me, probably more important now than ever before. I suppose such a thing wouldn't be insurable against floods?

DOOOOOO I finally live my dreams and buy a cheap turdcar?

She could have PAR SH 911, it's still available. Also CO CO 911.
You also need to be a registered resident in that matching county to be able to do that yourself. And have a German bank account. I obviously am in favor of stupid ideas like that, but I also strongly recommend to rather invest in something else in your specific situation.

You also need to be a registered resident in that matching county to be able to do that yourself. And have a German bank account. I obviously am in favor of stupid ideas like that, but I also strongly recommend to rather invest in something else in your specific situation.
party pooper :tease:

(HAY CHRIS, WANT A PARSH?!!!! AND WANNA MOVE TO BAVARIA??????!?!)

You also need to be a registered resident in that matching county
Since plates can stay with the car even cross-county now, you "only" need an intermediary registering the car on the desired plates for a day before you re-register it locally. When I bought the Volvo, I left the Beckum plates on just to save the expense of Berlin plates.

I thought that was only possible if the car moves to a new county together with the owner?

I thought that was only possible if the car moves to a new county together with the owner?
Nope, Volvo has been through three owners in three counties on the same set of plates before I put it on Finnish ones.

There was too much going on down here this year, but equi and I are tentatively planning to ship a car over for ringmeet next year. Will start planning for real this fall once things slow down for us. Currently in the middle of a big move.

If I finally send the Lancer, I don't need to acquire a crapcan... :unsure:

If I finally send the Lancer, I don't need to acquire a crapcan... :unsure:
Just acquire a crapcan. Something new and you can sell it at the end.