Ringmeet 2023 - Viktoria-Station or bust! August 10th - 14th 2023

That's a great financially horrible decision. I don't think it's something Stef should do at this point in time. But who am I to talk about bad decision.. :D
Yes, but you know me. I LOVE bad decisions.

(Like following around the GT3 RS with the Lancer playing Morris Marina the whole trip. Yes. YES.)

Now, if Weihs is open for business by then again as well, I'll be back.

Now, if Weihs is open for business by then again as well, I'll be back.

That's dependant on if his notebook and tablet were salvaged. :D

equi and I are tentatively planning to ship a car over for ringmeet next year.
Any news about this? More detailed plans? Only Ringmeet seems to be a bit short for such an endavour, so... how about a Euro roadtrip? :)

Any news about this? More detailed plans? Only Ringmeet seems to be a bit short for such an endavour, so... how about a Euro roadtrip? :)
It's still in the plans for us. Not sure how long we'll make the trip and I haven't arranged for the shipping yet. @ninjacoco was interested in sharing container space with our car for the trip over, but not sure if that's still in the cards for her. The GT3 will be fun at the ring and some light road tripping, but it's honestly not a great car for long distance adventures. Not sure if I want the stress and hassle of shipping our new car over for this, though. It's all up in the air at this stage, but my interest has not cooled one bit. I'd say 80% chance we're there and it's in the GT3. 10% chance we're there and it's in a different car or rental again.

@ninjacoco wants to travel in the shipping container? :geek:
If that means she can sit in a 911 GT3 for a few weeks, that'd be entirely in character. :D

@Nugget: OK, just so you know, you guys are welcome to join whatever roadtrip we'll do this year. And the GT3 is no excuse :p - @Adrian did last year's trip in a Donkervoort, after all ;)

Before that MXM did multiple roadtrips in his 7, some were even completed without it breaking! :D

@ninjacoco wants to travel in the shipping container? :geek:
all that TIME ALONE WITH PARSH HECK YES

Serious answer: I'm in unemployment limbo right now.

Pros: All the time in the world to do whatever, and multiple running cars mean the Lancer can disappear for a while.
Cons: No money to do anything or fly over with. :(

Shipping over the Lancer is still extremely on my bucket list and I'd really, really love to do it, but I have no idea when my income's going to be back to normal again.

I know it’s only end of January, but?

@thomas, what's the status? I kind of assume Viktoria Station is still out of order (or rather, probably gone for good) and we are using the same camp ground as the last two times?

Viktoria Station is still out of order (or rather, probably gone for good)
Their Facebook page suggests that they will likely never get planning permission to rebuild as the municipality would rather build something else on the land.

Not sure I see myself ever returning to Ringmeet, I straight up don't like the alternative campsite and the 'Ring itself doesn't have the appeal it used to. I wouldn't mind lapping the MX-5, I suppose.

Well, I went by there around Christmas when visiting Joe and, specifically the town VS is in, to me it looks like outside cleaned up and some buildings rebuilt, not much has happened. There was a story early autumn where the people in the region complained for how slow the answers from the county is. Though I haven’t heard anything else. Weihs hotel is open again and it looks like Wurstkessel is as well. Train bridge is still partially damaged and the track is partially repaired though.

Last edited:
Well, I went by there around Christmas when visiting Joe and, specifically the town VS is in, to me it looks like outside clean upland some buildings rebuilt, not much has happened. There was a story early autumn where the people in the region complained for how slow the answers from the county is. Though I haven’t heard anything else. Weihs hotel is open again and it looks like Wurstkessel is as well. Train bridge is still partially damaged and the track is partially repaired though.
Yeah, this is my last understanding too - No approvals yet.

But I don't think the municipality will build anything else there, it is a flood area so a camping zone is perfect for it.

My best theory is that they need to figure out how to evacuate the sites in case of another flood...

But I don't think the municipality will build anything else there, it is a flood area so a camping zone is perfect for it.

My best theory is that they need to figure out how to evacuate the sites in case of another flood...
I saw an article (I think on Die Welt) that the permanent campers ("Dauercamper") are the problem, so those people who have their caravan parked at a campside year-round and spend the whole summer or even year there. These people tend to build glasshouses, wooden fences, verandas and other extensions to increase or beautify their living area. Which means that in case of flooding, unlike a normal caravanist, they can't just hook up their caravan and flee to higher ground. This leads to the caravan being pulled downsteam by the floods and creating carnage there...

But - without this steady source of (year-round!) income from Dauercampers, is running a campsite still economically viable?

Not sure I see myself ever returning to Ringmeet, I straight up don't like the alternative campsite and the 'Ring itself doesn't have the appeal it used to. I wouldn't mind lapping the MX-5, I suppose.

I figured the reason for going wasn’t just for the camp site, but for the people that are there too.

I figured the reason for going wasn’t just for the camp site, but for the people that are there too.
But if the downsides of a location are too many, they may outweigh the company - for example, I refuse to sleep in tents or shared rooms because I am not in boyscout camp any more.

But if the downsides of a location are too many, they may outweigh the company - for example, I refuse to sleep in tents or shared rooms because I am not in boyscout camp any more.

There’s a couple hotels and some AirBnB‘s in the replacement camp site region. It’s not as convenient, but it’s quiet enough to drunkenly walk the middle of the the road back to the hotel without getting run over.

40B5B542-CFB5-4ED6-85AD-017F3D2FDA92.jpeg

We also have a fire pit now.

2EBD24A0-B44C-44CD-9441-9A1F0EDC0E0D.jpeg

I too hate camping and sharing beds with people I’m not romantically with. It can be done, but I’m not saying you have to go of course.