Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I keep telling people but nobody will listen. Doing a Roadtrip in Ukania is a really bad idea, particularly at the traditional time of late July/early August when anything resembling a decent road will be chock full of caravans, motor homes and Zafiras bulging with whining, puking children.

This country basically has a few tiny enclaves of great roads separated by gridlock, there are Gatsos bloody everywhere, fuel and beer are not cheap and most campsites are full of the kind of people you really don't want to get into a conversation with unless you want to partake in line-dancing or wife-swapping.

See here for the expanded argument.....

Doing a Roadtrip through Norway is an equally terrible, and more expensive, idea. But you wouldn't know. We did it, and we had a fucking great time. I have no doubts touring the UK will be terrible from time to time - which roadtrip isn't. We had our miserable days this year but things like The View[SUP]?(fig.1)[/SUP] more than makes up for it. Caravans are everywhere, the UK isn't unique. But we have (somewhat, depending on how many buys ?500 crapcans) fast cars and dependable radios - the cameraderie is excellent as you know, good mates and some beer can cure the worst of days. We reject your reality of misery and cynisism and substitute our own.

Fig.1:
Ywu2cXz.png

- DaHitch enjoying The View?

Last edited:
Met up with Matt2000 at Dunsfold yesterday for Wings and Wheels so was able to pick up the rest of my gear from the back of the Disco. Including the Slivovica which GT1750 brought but nobody seemed that keen to try.

It's interesting. Like a diesel version of rakija.

Heh, I was wondering what happened to it. This one was a little bit on the crude side, yeah. Might bring a different kind of processed fruit next time - apples or pears (this was plums)

I assumed it was MWF's personal drink that he had taken with him and subsequently brought home, otherwise I would've tried it. :lol:

I know someone who makes it in Croatia, so it would have been interesting to compare.

Shit! Someone tell 47 because I don't think he knows yet!

I'm in Australia?! But you guys weren't upside down... :p
Well, we only make pear rakija. Plum rakija is also popular here. I personally don't drink any, but plum is even more horrible.
I'm sorry I didn't send any to the meet, it was very popular last time :D

Also, my two cents on the whole roadtriping thing. It's the same for me on the bike, sometimes you have to get through hundreds of kilometres of traffic and heat and whatnot just to get to those fun 30-40 km over some mountain pass or twisty road, but when you're there, it's all worth it. Plus you guys are in an awesome group, I bet dull moments are really rare. I wish and hope I'll manage to go to a roadtrip sometime, before everyone gets tired of them or something :mrgreen:

Last edited: