Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dibs on the Landy passenger seat for dirty dirting! :cool:

Last edited:
You have my attention.

Well, you can easily get up there with a VW Golf, so nothing that special ;). Or should I rather say, so far I only discovered those parts, where I thought that I can get through with my Golf :D. I usualy park my car a bit more down and walk a bit up there.

But a colleague used to be a member in the "Altenahr Off-Road club" (not 100&% sure, if it was exactly called like this). I can ask him, if there are a few hotspots around that could challenge your Landy :cool:;).

Last edited:
Well, you can easily get up there with a VW Golf, so nothing that special ;). Or should I rather say, so far I only discovered those parts, where I thought that I can get through with my Golf :D. I usualy park my car a bit more down and walk a bit up there.

But a colleague used to be a member in the "Altenahr Off-Road club" (not 100&% sure, if it was exactly called like this). I can ask him, if there are a few hotspots around that could challenge your Landy :cool:;).

It'll be on road tyres that could pick up punctures easily so don't want to go mad, MWF would quite literally kill me partially to death if I picked one up. Simple tracks to nice spots are good though. :)

Last edited:
Dibs on the Landy passenger seat for dirty dirting! :cool:

:stupid: It's been such a long time in the making..

I've also discovered ( ;) ) some nice tracks around the area..

Last edited:
Please add me to the list of participants

1 bike tent
depending on which roadtrip i'll join probably thursday to sunday

Reactions: lip
A couple of nice suggestions right there. My favourite non-car-related things on there are the toboggan and the Wildpark.
As I intend to come by bike, a scenic drive would be great, I suggest also looking to the West towards the Rur (yes, Rur without an 'h') Dam. Should be some good roads in that area.

The nuclear government shelter... it was interesting, but we've already done it. :D Not everybody, of course.

But I guess we'll decide all that spontaniously anyway. ;)

I already confirmed a month ago that I'll be staying until Monday 10th, the list in post 1 doesn't reflect that at the moment.

I'm currently waiting for a reply from Gasthof Faltin to finally confirm the reservation, but I guess you can add us: me + 1 +0.5, hotel, car, thu-sun.

At this rate we'll get over 50........

It'll be a big one. We'll need to rent the whole restaurant this time :D

That's a good point. Could do with the latest (probable) attendance list sooner rather than later.

I get the Stuttgart bit, because Porsche museum, but why would you want to fly into London then travel all the way to southern 'Schland by train?
I hate being on a plane. I hate getting on and off planes to switch planes. I hate planes. Planes. Fail. No.

...also, did you know one-way tickets from Austin to Helsinki are fairly cheap? You even get to visit Iceland along the way :bunny:
FINLAND!!!

I need to do Finland in its own right.

:lol:
That is exactly what I intend to plan this year. One or two touristy things to do while others stand around doing nothing. Right now the Regierungsbunker is a top contender, and I have a couple other options as well.

I really need to figure out how to afford this. That sounds like a blast.

also as a Journalist the OGP Event itself is a must see. So calculate 65$ for that, too.

BMW M1's and Kremer K3's are waiting for some 'Lump love :p

I hate being on a plane. I hate getting on and off planes to switch planes. I hate planes. Planes. Fail. No.

Then you should definitely look into Texas to FRA nonstop. Getting to Dallas or Houston is probably easier and cheaper than getting from LHR to the 'Ring, and getting from FRA to the 'Ring should be trouble-free by soliciting a ride from FGers.

Just picturing a train of the fastest FG has to offers to pick people up :lol:

Hey, Coco, if you were to fly into LHR on Saturday August 1st either Matt2000 or I could pick you up there. I am sure Matt would agree you would be welcome to travel down to the mini Roadtrip and thence to the Ringmeet in the Disco and a pop-up tent and an air mattress would be a lot cheaper than the train fare.

You'd get to experience a ferry crossing over the Channel plus two days through rural France in addition to the Roadtrip and 'Meet. Worth consideration.

Fly to HEL!