Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YEP!
Awesome meet, a huge thank you to everyone organising it (including grilling, pub quiz etc.)

Ditto. As usual I promised to give more rides in 7 than I delivered. Sorry :(
Don't feel bad. I think i hold the record for promised ringlaps vs given ringlaps :lol:

Bloody hell that was quick!

Our trip is finally over and we're back in HK safe and sound :)

I have a bunch of photos from the meet, I'll post them to Facebook and the photo thread as soon as ready :)

One of the major attraction of the Ringmeets for me has always been the fact that people from all over the world and thousands of miles apart meet in one place, have a great time, find out that they're basically all the same and that national clich?s are exchangeable, and then return back home to wherever they live and carry a pleasant memory to their homes, thousands of miles away...

I sometimes wish I could express this all directly at the meet but as most of you may have noticed, I'm more a writer than a talker ;)

Yea, it's also kind of odd trying to explain this to friends/family/colleagues.

- Are you going on holiday this summer?
Yeah, I'm doing a road trip to the North Cape.
- Oh that's cool, so are you going with a friend?
Well, I'm actually meeting some people in Finland and we're setting off from there.
- So it's like a trip by an organisation with people you've never met?
Well, they're from all over Europe, so some I've met, some I haven't.
- From all over Europe? How do you know these people?
Internet.
- *Blank stare, conversation ends*

Yeah, for some it doesn't compute that internet contacts don't have to remain virtual :D

I just refer to you lot as a bunch of internet lunatics and make it seem as creepy as possible. :p I don't care if people don't get it, they're equally confused about my choice of cars anyway. :D

Zagreb is 500km from the last german Shell station (for free fuel with the Ford).. if I'm being gentle on the throttle, I might even make it back on one tank :p

That is if it weren't for those silly people asking for autobahn- and tunnel/pass-tolls.. austrians.. slowvenians.. all of them.

Yea, it's also kind of odd trying to explain this to friends/family/colleagues.

- Are you going on holiday this summer?
Yeah, I'm doing a road trip to the North Cape.
- Oh that's cool, so are you going with a friend?
Well, I'm actually meeting some people in Finland and we're setting off from there.
- So it's like a trip by an organisation with people you've never met?
Well, they're from all over Europe, so some I've met, some I haven't.
- From all over Europe? How do you know these people?
Internet.
- *Blank stare, conversation ends*

6wGCVmv.jpg

DON'T TEMPT ME

Zagreb is 500km from the last german Shell station (for free fuel with the Ford).. if I'm being gentle on the throttle, I might even make it back on one tank :p

That is if it weren't for those silly people asking for autobahn- and tunnel/pass-tolls.. austrians.. slowvenians.. all of them.

DOOOO EEEET!! :mrgreen:

Is that a new trend? Visiting the Ringmeeters at home? :D

Too bad I'm living in the equivalent of a dead end in Germany :p

Nothing to stop you leaving your little cul-de-sac and heading somewhere else.....

So, about that UK roadtrip idea...

I keep telling people but nobody will listen. Doing a Roadtrip in Ukania is a really bad idea, particularly at the traditional time of late July/early August when anything resembling a decent road will be chock full of caravans, motor homes and Zafiras bulging with whining, puking children.

This country basically has a few tiny enclaves of great roads separated by gridlock, there are Gatsos bloody everywhere, fuel and beer are not cheap and most campsites are full of the kind of people you really don't want to get into a conversation with unless you want to partake in line-dancing or wife-swapping.

See here for the expanded argument.....