Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

Ringmeet MMXV August 7th-9th 2015: Planning thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That sounds like fun: Drive through Germany without using the Autobahn. No tourist would ever get that idea, since they all want to go on ze unrestricted Autobahn :p

But do you think of a grand tour that covers all the major landscapes from North to South and West to East or do you want specific destinations on the way, for instance the Autostadt Wolfsburg or The Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg? I could be of assistance in planning, if needed. I've been up and down the country during my time in the air force.

I'd love a grand german roadtrip on b-roads only.

I do that all the time :driving: the Eos rarely gets to see an Autobahn.

Presumably because their is a minimum speed limit?

:tease:

Presumably because their is a minimum speed limit?

:tease:

:p

Technically, there are only a few short stretches of Autobahn where the left lane(s) have an actual minimum speed limit, so this being a discussion about Germany... get your Fakten straight!

narf's because he is an utter nooh.

Opposite of hoon! :p

Anyway, a B-road trip through Germany sounds tempting, even for me. If it only wasn't for my aversion against camping...

I doubt it will be as epic and long as the Scandinavian trip and there are certainly no Swiss mountain passes but there are other attractions and also lots of twisty roads in the numerous low mountain ranges, plus some really awesome landscapes. If the Black Forest and the Eifel are left out (for obvious reasons), the things that come to mind are regions like Bavarian Forest, Harz, Ore Mountains, Elbe Sandstone Mountains, Mecklenburg Lake District, the island of R?gen, the Baltic Sea coast, the North Sea coast, etc., etc.

Also lots of lovely towns, some of them in their original medieval state. I guess it would be a road trip for those not only interested in driving in the wildernis from dawn to dusk and gawking at breathtaking panoramas but also interested in cultural landscapes and sights along the way. Germany is often treated rather stepmotherly, when it comes to tourism and sightseeing but there are loads of amazingly beautiful areas here - and not just in Bavaria ;) Also great infrastructure and no lack of repair shops, just in case the road trip curse strikes again ;)

Would take a hell of an effort in planning, though...

Hmm...if Ringmeet is held in august next year..and I save 50 bucks a week...

I'd have 2,400 bucks by August 1st. :hmm:

2 weeks. Would probably be better if 2017 though, so everyone could participate. The mini roadtrip is usually only a few days for ppl with limited budgets.

Met up with Matt2000 at Dunsfold yesterday for Wings and Wheels so was able to pick up the rest of my gear from the back of the Disco. Including the Slivovica which GT1750 brought but nobody seemed that keen to try.

It's interesting. Like a diesel version of rakija.

I can confirm that 240 miles were covered in Bugsy without failure and the show was great. :D