Ringmeet MMXV: Planning thread.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Chariot of Fire
Car(s)
'13 VW T5, '07 SMC, '94 BMW 850, '92 Donkervoort
Let's move Ringmeet planning out of the roadtrip thread.

Step 1: This Poll: Select which dates you'd be available. Here's the schedules:
Official: http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events-tickets/info/events-dates.html
Orderly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VbcxIL4JTiiv4imXsUI/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
And above you should see a poll.

Explanations:
VLN is Friday-Saturday, with tourist drives Saturday afternoon (depending on cleanup) and all Sunday.
RCN is Saturday only, with tourist drives all of Friday and Sunday, with afternoon tourist drives Saturday.
Truck GP is win, and on the GP track only. Should have tourist drives every day.
DTM is also GP track, with tourist drives all days.

Step 2: Next Poll: Select which suitable dates and events we want to align with ringmeet.

Last edited:
Most excellent.

Edit: Also, first.

Edit 2: I am also available for all weekends, I would like the Truck GP weekend though :-D

Last edited:
I have a preference for the Truck GP weekend because MOTHERFUCKING TRUCK GRAND PRIX, but I am available all weekends basically. Due to school holidays starting late next year, my wife's availabilty is unknown at this point and will also depend on how the kids are doing towards the end of the school year.

Oldtimer Grand Prix Weekend is out?

Aw, shucks. June is completely out of the question for me, as it is for most of us with academic responsibility.

I know, I know. It's just that... Truck GP. Missing it would break my heart.

Well, the 2 missing weekends in July are F1 and Rad am Ring, F1 will be an overcrowded clusterfuck with zero TF because parkinglot on Nordschleife, and Rad am Ring means zero TF because the ring is full of people wearing lycra.

Mid of June to mid of July is the best time, looking at my work schedule if I want to partake in the Roadtrip too...

Yay!
This is too early to choose a date, but I'll do my best to attend and quadruple the amount of Brazilians. :D

I have nothing planned for any of those weekends or in the time leading up to them. While truck GP would be awesome, wasn't the general opinion last year that going to the GP track wasn't worth it? It seems dumb to choose a weekend based on the event when only a handful of people are prepared to pay to go and see it.

I have nothing planned for any of those weekends or in the time leading up to them. While truck GP would be awesome, wasn't the general opinion last year that going to the GP track wasn't worth it? It seems dumb to choose a weekend based on the event when only a handful of people are prepared to pay to go and see it.

I find myself agreeing with the above. The DTM weekend made it busier than normal and I lost count of the number of times the track was closed because of idiots. I know a big part of RM is standing around and looking at stuff but it got tiresome after a while.

I've nothing booked in for next year so will go along with what others want to do. In an ideal world I would like to passenger on the Roadtrip if I can afford it.

Well, the bigger event going on during the weekend sort of defines the amount of TF-time that's available, hence selecting by event. In that sense Truck race is the best option, as ye olde track is free the whole weekend. And I shamelessly voted according to suitable roadtrip dates, I should be able to make any weekend work. :)

I should be available at basically any date, as long as it's announced early enough.

My preference would be either Old-timer GP or Truck GP, but technically anything is good :)

Voted for the weekends I can attend (as of now, if work doesn't get in the way)! Luckily I can make it for the Truck GP or Oldtime GP, but really it'd be cool just to go to Germany, meet new people and see any of those races. Hopefully its one of those :)

Last edited:
Good news from my side: The date doesn't matter for me next year because I changed working place (but still in the same company working for the same contractor) and I can plan my holidays as I like. So I will probably be able to adjust my 2 weeks of summer holiday to whatever final date the Ringmeet is on :D

So I guess I'm taking the 4-day-weekend this time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.