Ripping, Uploading, Torrents

Glopaticki

Hey just thought about the ripping of the Aus episodes of TG, and i can record em, just wondering what the preferred size is, also where do i go abouts uploading the episode on a torrent.

Also just thought i'd mention do i need to permently seed the file because as some of you Aussies know our internet connections aren't exactly great, and i have a set download limit...

Anyway i can record it but am not to be depended on as of yet.

350MB if it has commercials, otherwise 700MB (although we could go with like ~450MB).

If we were to use your rips (not sure at this point, gonna see if the Scene rips it, but please rip it anyway just incase), we'd have you upload it once to a private FTP and we'd take it from there (torrenting, seeding with a couple 100mbit servers, etc.).

I don't mind the usual 700mb download. Top notch quality. Gonna be a bitch uploading it to the private FTP though, especially for us Aussies.

I don't mind the usual 700mb download. Top notch quality. Gonna be a bitch uploading it to the private FTP though, especially for us Aussies.

It's not so bad on ADSL2+ though. There'll be a bit of lag time between when TGA goes out and when it finally hits the tubes, but it won't be that bad.

hmmm I've got a machine at work with a digital cpture card, perhaps i can get it to rip for me, then pipe it out to a few of my data centers...
need to chat with Ross (he looks after the netowk, i do the severs) I dont know if we could handle the bandwidth (note dont count on me, i dont even knwo if i can get sbs where that machine is)

Plenty of us will be ripping it for ourselves regardless of what's been preorganized, i'll keep the transports stream on my compy till i've seen a rip out that's good.

Do you need help encoding to scene-quality xvid? If so, hit me with a pm, I can guide you through it.

350mb be the best and being SBS id say there is no ads and if there is it will be one quick short one in the middle.

after u get the torrent going just whack on mininova and im sure most of us can seed for a fair while.

350mb be the best and being SBS id say there is no ads and if there is it will be one quick short one in the middle.

after u get the torrent going just whack on mininova and im sure most of us can seed for a fair while.

Too low, at least 425mb I would of thought.

Same here, it's pretty trivial to edit out the ads with MythTV and then have it encode to Xvid. Sounds like we'll have heaps of us able to provide rips so Viper shouldn't have a problem finding one to pop up each week.

So...anyone have a rip yet? I'm dying to see this!
Unless someone has a time machine to travel 8 days into the future, no.

Oh, oops :p

I thought I saw a thread in the "Episode Discussion" forum, but it was actually in the "Pre-Episode" forum. Sorry.

Viper, will you be posting the rips to the torrents RSS feed?