Ripping, Uploading, Torrents

Would it not be an idea that if people are going to rip it & share, for them to send a sample video of about 10mb or so, that way your not downloading the same episode 50+ times, all at different qualities & that way you can pick the best one?

Could the specs of how to encode the video to a 'suitable torrent format' be posted here (eg: resolution, codec bla bla bla)?

Well FWIW the rip of the 30s promo I put up here was just using my usual SDTV xvid encoding settings from MythTV, tested it out on last weeks episode of TGUK that aired on SBS and came to bang on 500mb with ads removed. Has the odd compression artifact but not anything to worry about I reckon.

Bitrates/Res:
Video: XVID 768x432 25.00fps
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 48000Hz stereo 128Kbps

Will be uploaded a Torrent aswell, just in case the rest forget/something goes wrong!

i have recored it, 1 hour and 2 mins, 2gb's of raw video

ill get to work removing ads, and making it acceptable size and quality

give us a bell when a torrent is uploaded eh?
cheers

So does that mean you have a source sorted? Mine'll be finished encoding in about 10 mins and have 812kbps upload if needed.

What programs do you guys use to rip the episodes cause i have it recorded on my HD but its 4 gig and i doubt anyone is willing to download it :p

Cheers

It'll be in the feed. Add it to your client.

So will that be a new feed, cos currently i have top gear registered. but im guessing this will be new one since its top gear aus. Remind me how or point me in the right direction of a thread that tells me how to do this,

SBS reception is also pretty rubbish in most places, if I don't use my roof antenna and just use rabbit ears I can get SBS and no other channels and vice versa.

So does that mean you have a source sorted? Mine'll be finished encoding in about 10 mins and have 812kbps upload if needed.
We have like a half dozen people ripping it. Since your upload speeds is fairly meh, hang onto it just incase we need it but I think we'll use a quicker source.

But thanks! <3

yeah. who ever can distribute faster well use ey?

We have like a half dozen people ripping it. Since your upload speeds is fairly meh, hang onto it just incase we need it but I think we'll use a quicker source.

But thanks! <3

Viper, that's pretty fast by Aussie standards. The only faster ones you'll find are from those with ADSL2+ Annex M, which ain't a whole lot, AFAIK.

Maybe someone on a university or corporate network is lined up?

Anyway Mine's now finished encoding, 558MB with ads removed.