Ripping, Uploading, Torrents

Well I could just put it up as a torrent right now, but if Viper has a quicker source lined up you may as well just wait for that.

IMSancho: Check your PMs for FTP info. I'm gonna have a couple people upload and then we'll sort it all out.

I took a rip, but it was in windows media centre so it's MS bullshit video format..

Need a decent capping program to use, pref one that caps straight to divx.. but if that's not possible, to raw mpeg so i can cut out ads etc then encode.

Most people here cap raw to .ts and then encode to Xvid.

I also took a nice rip of the ep - ads have been cut out but it's yet to be encoded. Unfortunately I only have a 512 upload so it would take forever to share on BT. Fingers crossed there is a faster rip on it's way, but if you get really desperate, give me a PM (I don't check the forums that often).

sugar05

Scene-Release has come up:
Top.Gear.Australia.S01E01.WS.PDTV.XViD-PiX

BTW: Was it originally broadcasted in HDTV?

Scene-Release has come up:
Top.Gear.Australia.S01E01.WS.PDTV.XViD-PiX

BTW: Was it originally broadcasted in HDTV?
Yes, in 720p.

PDTV is correct. Once you encode it in Xvid it isn't HD anymore.
Hence why the term "Pure Digital Television" is used, meaning it came from a digital source.

Some one said earlier that it was 10 hours or so, so that would be some time tomorrow around 11am or 1pm (australian time)? (I'm really fidgety about it as i missed it due to working late :()

OK, I got it online now in the 'Video Offers'-Section, have a nice load and fun watchin'! :D

Yes, in 720p.

PDTV is correct. Once you encode it in Xvid it isn't HD anymore.
Hence why the term "Pure Digital Television" is used, meaning it came from a digital source.

I thought it was broadcast in 576p?

A 450MB rip hit a popular Australian/NZ tracker about half an hour ago (23:00 AEST).

It's on SCT and will be on my ftp. I'll eventually host the better quality version.

It was in 576 on SBS HD

Yes, in 720p.

SBS is 576p Australia wide. The SD and HD channels have the same resolution, just that the HD channel has the progressive format (as opposed to the normal interlaced format). There is pretty much no difference in picture quality.

That makes no sense. SBS does broadcast in 576p @ 25 fps, which is basically PAL, 720 pixels wide x 576 pixels high, which is 4:3 aspect ratio. TG is broadcast in 16:9, which is either PAL cropped, or 576p anamorphic, in either case nowhere near HD (1080i broadcast) quality.