• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Road Test: Porsche Cayman S

Overheat

Forum Addict
05-caymans-hiside-a.jpg

Perceived wisdom suggests that this new Porsche Cayman S should not be a success. Two-seat coupes are almost as thin on the ground as two-door MPVs (the defunct Renault Avantime, for all you lovers of automotive curiosities) ? and for good reason. People who are prepared to put up with the impracticalities of having just two seats are usually motivated by an irresistible urge to look good in public. But how good you look is irrelevant if people can?t see you ? which is why almost all two-seaters, exotic supercars aside, are also convertibles.

Read more here:
http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/P/porsche/cayman-s-05-/index.html

1 word: mine :p

and they wrote in the paper that later in 2006, a cabrio version of the cayman will be released

wasn't the cayman the coupe version of the boxster?????

bone said:
1 word: mine :p

and they wrote in the paper that later in 2006, a cabrio version of the cayman will be released

wasn't the cayman the coupe version of the boxster?????

It is. I once read something like that but it was a joke, like they would build a cabrio version of the cayman, and then build a coupe version of that cabrio. :roll:

The cayman S is much more car then the boxster, for sure. But don't fool yourself, its still a boxster, same chassis, its still a 987 it does not have a new # designation.

But hey, a boxster with a roof, tuned suspension and a 300hp engine is one mighty fine car. The boxsters problem was always that it was underpowered, but its a damn fine handling car.

Once they release just the standard cayman, it will probably have the same engine as the boxster, and then the difference between the two will seem even less.

matt_shaw said:
dont even compare the cayman to the boxster its closer to the 911

kem said:
The cayman S is much more car then the boxster, for sure. But don't fool yourself, its still a boxster, same chassis, its still a 987 it does not have a new # designation.

But hey, a boxster with a roof, tuned suspension and a 300hp engine is one mighty fine car. The boxsters problem was always that it was underpowered, but its a damn fine handling car.

Once they release just the standard cayman, it will probably have the same engine as the boxster, and then the difference between the two will seem even less.

matt_shaw said:

Well, like almost every coupe/cabrio, the coupe is much more car than the cabrio. But the Boxster is already great.
And I read somewhere that the Cayman (non-S) will have a more powerful entry level than the Boxster. (to justify the higher price)

matt_shaw said:

<sarcasm> oh yeah, forgot the cayman is mid engined like the 911. and that is uses the 911's chassis. and the 911's engine... </sarcasm>