Road trip - the Gilmore Museum - International Model A Day

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1961 Morgan
I never know where to post things like this, so I'll just start a new thread...

Some friends and I took a road trip September 14-17 to the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan to take part in International Model A Day. We took two Model A Fords with us (in trailers). I went to this event two years ago with the same group. They're a fun bunch - all Ford Model A enthusiasts. The Gilmore Museum is also the headquarters for the Antique Automobile Club of America and there are hundreds of wonderful old cars and trucks on display in several buildings. The Model A clubs in the Midwest all congregate at Gilmore on this weekend each year for presentations, meetings and a big swap-meet. There were over 200 Model A Fords there that weekend.

We ran into an unexpected problem this year - the LPGA (Ladies' Professional Golf Association) had an event close-by on the same weekend. That meant that even though we tried to find rooms relatively early (April), there were none to be had within a hundred miles. Chris, who was in charge of our accommodations, found a nearby lake house for rent. It served us very well, but certainly was pricey! I left home a bit after 6:00 AM on Thursday with a plan to miss most of the rush-hour traffic on 23 and I71. That worked out quite well, but I got a surprise when I headed north on I71 out of Columbus: Corvettes - dozens of them, almost all headed South. Turns out that there was a big to-do at the Corvette Museum near Bowling Green, Kentucky. Now, Corvettes aren't exactly a rare sighting in Ohio, but caravans of four, six and eight don't happen every day. I probably saw around sixty, total. We had a great weekend driving the Model A Fords around central Michigan in near-perfect weather...

All that being said, I put together a couple of albums with a few photos of the trip. If you have time to burn, take a look at our little adventure. And, I'm hoping that some of the others from our group will send me additional photos that I can add to the albums.

The cars: (Just a few of the hundreds on display...)
https://imgur.com/a/KzVnu

The trip:
https://imgur.com/a/hqGMI

SL