Road Trip Thread

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
I notice that when people are planning road trips, we seem to start separate threads to do so. To me it doesn't seem practical to scatter this across the forums so I decided the creation of this thread was necessary. Having everything in one thread will be great on many levels.

My trip is still a few months away but I thought it might make sense to take care for the details ahead of time. For this trip I will be driving with my father across part of Canada (Toronto to Vancouver Island) at the beginning of may.

This is the route I have as of now. I plan 5 days to do so, it will mean long days, but it seems to break the route about somewhat equally.

http://g.co/maps/4jfdb

Andeh

is teahte tbungafloed
Car(s)
Fiestas, Mondeos, Anglia, Austin 7, Corsair, Chrys
I've done that exact trip, and many others across Canada. The legs you have chosen are quite similar to the ones we took, and its certainly manageable bearing in mind how incredibly tedious Winnipeg to Medicine Hat will be. You see a lot of great country though.

duckedtapedemon

Car(s)
2006 Acura TL
I really want to do the circle tour of Lake Superior sometime. My Grandparents retired to Grand Marais (the last "big town") on the US side south of Thunder Bay and I've been going up to that area for closing in on 20 years now. Have never been farther North than Thunder Bay though unfortunately.