Roadtrip 2014 - Patent Pending

And if Romania, what's the goal there? The Road Top Gear went on?

And if Romania, what's the goal there? The Road Top Gear went on?

No, they went from Constanta to Bucharest, and then to the Transfagarasan, we would only do the last, interesting bit.

I see no reason to go too far away from the Karpathians, mainly go through the Transfagarasan and the Transalpina mountain roads.
I think they are both paved now, even the bumpy part on the 'fagarasan.
Here's DaBoom's map - http://goo.gl/maps/ds1tB

If anyone is interested in sightseeing, the 'original' Vlad Tepes castle is on the Transfagarasan, but as I understand it's mostly ruins and I don't know what is there to see.

The movie castle is in Bran and it's nice, but it's a bit ova a detour. Also, Sibiu or around that could be our base for a night or two, it's a nice looking town, if anyone's interested for a walk.

Anyway, we have a few resident Romanians, maybe they could chip in.

edit: Beat by Adrian for the link, heh

Last edited:
:comfort:

:idiot: MAN UP!!

So anyway, tell those Germans it's Grobnik, Rijeka, not just Rijeka. :p

In any case, I still don't see things beeing recomended or decided. Shell we get some recomendations on a list or something or is Romania a done deal.
Routes must be planned, chop, chop people!

Thing about Grobnik (and Spa, for that matter) is they're racetracks, not derestricted highway like the Nordschleife and REQUIRE helmets.

Well there's usually one in the A4......... :tease:

Btw, I needed about 2 hours last nigt from Spa to the N?rburgring. A slight snowstorm prevented me from exceeding 80km/h though.

Since the plan is to go through Austria can we go via Fucking?

40938744.jpg

You were 10yo in 2013, how come you're still 10yo in 2014? :lol:

Yes.

You were 10yo in 2013, how come you're still 10yo in 2014? :lol:

I haven't had my birthday yet! :tease:

I know it might be hard for such a sanguine fellow as your good self to appreciate but while growing old may be mandatory growing up is entirely optional. And since I will be on holiday, far in space and time from the situations that require me to behave in a mature and professional way I intend to exploit that maxim to the fullest.

No, not that MXM.

Last edited:
How do you guys plan to get from Romania to Germany anyway? Include some Alpine roads in Austria or something?

I hope so. - But as last year has shown, they drive off so late everyday, they have to go straight anyways, regardless of plans. ;)

There are quite a few nice roads there even if you don't take the Gro?glockner or something, as I experienced last June... :)

Already done the Gro?glockner. Twice!

I think the Grossglockner was already in the route of the 2012 Roadtrip.

I hope so. - But as last year has shown, they drive off so late everyday, they have to go straight anyways, regardless of plans. ;)

It's not late departures that caused that so much as breakdowns.