Roadtrip 2014 - Patent Pending

The BBQ condiment from a jar. My special sauce is something else. ;)

We could also get some from just about any store in Croatia and Serbia, but those aren't as good as proper home-made stuff. Maybe 47 can source some more. :p

I don't eat the stuff but moymother makes it every year, so I'll check if there's any left, hehe.
Didn't know it was so popular, an yes, you can get it almost anywhere.

What it this special BBQ sauce and do we need any?

The car has been in the service, I know a few more english words than last year, and my Bank has sent me some funny Monopoly money. - I'm ready for the Roadtrip! :D

leu.JPG

I asked for leu in my bank, they can't get any to me. Did get zloty instead. KURWAAA

But yeah, the car's packed and features a fire extinquisher along with my Bahco toolset, functioning jack and a spare that holds air. Wonder what else I'd need.

Anti-curse-hex-baggies maybe? :D

Oh yeah, I should look into that too. How much did you get?

I got 1000 Lei - that's about 280 SFR or about 230 Euros.
I asked deliberately for smaller notes. - Quite a package there. :lol:

Last edited:
Jeez... That's about all the spending money I've allocated for the whole trip (apart from fuel expenses and accomodation), not just Romania.

Well, you newer know. With my Roadtrip luck I probably need the money to pay some Romanian garage to bolt me spare coil in. Probably during the first day in the country. :lol:

Called my bank today and they told me that the Romanian Leu is a closed currency and apparently they can't get any as it's not allowed out of the country. Riiiiiight.

Called my bank today and they told me that the Romanian Leu is a closed currency and apparently they can't get any as it's not allowed out of the country. Riiiiiight.

More like they can't be arsed to have a supply just in case someone wants to change over there.

EDIT: Blimey, Monday and Tuesday is when some of you guys will be here in Cluj. I'd better think of something quickly. :lol:

Awesome costumer service there.
hehe.gif

More like they can't be arsed to have a supply just in case someone wants to change over there.

EDIT: Blimey, Monday and Tuesday is when some of you guys will be here in Cluj. I'd better think of something quickly. :lol:

vikirad, please tell me the forecast for next week is a bit better then what weather undergound says!
They say many rain on wednesday and thursday, and I wouldn't like that.

At least for Cluj-Napoca, there's rain forecast for Wednesday. However... forecasts are rather inaccurate, yesterday we were supposed to have heavy rain and gusts of wind and we just had cloud cover and a bit of drizzle, while today... it was supposed to be warm and sunny all day, and by 7:30pm it had broken out into a 30-minute deluge.

So... I don't think there's any way of having a properly accurate forecast for the roadtrip.

Yeah, it was quite a rain shower this evening in Cluj. I entered a local supermarket when the first drops of rain appeared, 20minutes later got out and saw this:
YWancz5.jpg