Ownership Verified: Roadtrip car/Japanese Open Air

Pfft, it isn't the range alone, it's how much fun you have while getting that range, and in that respect the Swift is at least four times as good as some boring Diseasel-Cockmobile. That means if you multiply the range with the fun had you end up with 1800-2000 range-by-fun-points while you have a miserable 1200. :p

Pfft, you have no idea how much fun it is leaving people behind you in convertibles and on bikes to choke on your cancersmoke. :p

Hey, I drive a diseasel cock mobile! :shakefist:

But at least mine is RWD and I can turn off the traction control with one press of s button. :wicked:

I can turn mine too. Although it's more of a going straight but louder button.

I could roll blue coal on the 205 earlier too... New valve stem seals fixed that.

With a 50-litre tank, I can reasonably expect the car to have a 600km range if fuel consumption hovers at ~8l/100km. Will have to see how it actually performs during the roadtrip.

According to the hot air in here you lot are already in race mode, it seems. :lol:

^ Definitely up for ~1-2hr morning routes for the early group each day...

Pfft, you have no idea how much fun it is leaving people behind you in convertibles and on bikes to choke on your cancersmoke. :p

Nope thats no fun at all... :lol: But yeah diseasels are just not as fun as petrosels. Or at least Audis aren't :p

And range I'm looking at about 650km. And I have a 63l tank :D (lets not get Adrian in here for the economy cockfest).

Yeah... just wait until it's early morning and time to leave (Swiss time zone)... no more race mode :zzz:

The waking-up time wasn't the problem, most were up at about 0900 each day. - But after that it took them mostly 2hrs to get a shower, to chomp a croissant and to put a small tent into a bag. :? :blink:

I begged, blackmailed and held up financials gains to get the lot to agree to a clear drive-off time at 1000. To no avail. :lol:

Last edited:
I just burned through the first full tank (mind you, it's half the size of my BMW's which accounts to 30 litres :lol: ), and even though I hooned it around it returned 6,46 l/100 km (36 mpg US/43 mpg UK).

A 30-litre tank, seriously? :lol:

Our 1.0 has a 40 litre tank, it's worth a test if it's the same with your huge engine/no roof-model. The fuel gauge counts 30 litres, but after it has reached E, there's still 10 litres to go. Or at least so we think we have tested.

Oh this one's a 1.3, I thought it was a 1.0-litre too for some reason. Is this one carbed or fuel injected?

The carbie 1.3 is what my girlfriend had in her Swift. It was slowww but then when with a blown head gasket, vacuum leaks and 200,000km of neglect and running on 20w-50 treacle the damn thing wouldn't die.

Do a GTi 1.3i swap!

96.jpg

Since the seats are neither electric nor heated they're really easy to remove, it's just 5 bolts per seat. A carpet of 1,50m x 2m is enough for the passenger compartment. Some heavy duty double-sided adhesive tape (wow, what a word construct... :? ) should be enough to hold some carpet down - I'm browsing through ebay to find a cheap play carpet right now...

I was thinking of a floor mat type solution, just covering the easily seen (and accessible) area. But if you can spare the time and effort.. :p

Nah, either full-madman or nothing... :p

How do you feel about decorations like this on part of the car...?

4748d1332704894t-dsc_5927.jpg

I still have a bit of vinyl left over in these colours. :p Not much so only enough to do the bonnet/boot.

Go ahead, it isn't ridiculous enough already. :p

Additionally, even though it's typical for an Opel Manta, we could put a fox brush on the antenna. xD

I prefer a more clean exterior, but whatever. Don't really care that much.

Oh it'll be clean, just multicoloured. :p

How about Dave's idea but as a kind of random racing stripe down each side, straight at the top but irregular on the lower edge? Would look pretty cool IMHO and he probably has enough left to do that.

this thing needs the biggest ring sticker there is after its lap :D