Movie: Robert De Niro is to play Enzo Ferrari in Ferrari biopic

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
It?s been nearly 30 years since his death, but Enzo Ferrari remains one of the most enigmatic and talked-about figures in all of automotive history. Hollywood has been trying to get a film about the life of ?Il Commendatore? off the ground since at least the early 1990s, but now it looks like it?s finally happening with Robert DeNiro in the title role.

Citing a report from Italian newspaper Il Messaggero, The Guardian says that 71-year-old DeNiro has announced he?ll star as Ferrari in an upcoming movie, possibly with Clint Eastwood as director if he likes the script. Here?s what DeNiro told the newspaper:

?It is an honor to tell the life of an extraordinary man who revolutionized the world of motor sport. The film will go into production soon, mostly in Italy, and has absolute priority over all my other projects.?

The film is expected to cover a period from 1945 to the early 1980s, which is most of the time Ferrari spent building his racing team and its road car arm.

I hope they show the world the arrogant, pompous asshole he was. He earned it, but still....Enzo always rubbed me the wrong way, I think he was a sociopath.

I hope they show the world the arrogant, pompous asshole he was. He earned it, but still....Enzo always rubbed me the wrong way, I think he was a sociopath.
That's the world of business for you.

Which is probably why they waited so long to make a film about him. Much like Ayrton Senna. Gotta wait until people forget the man and only remember the legacy.

That's the world of business for you.

Yep. All the best businessmen, lawyers, etc. are psychos because they have that killer instinct to win that not everybody has.

I've given up on all these bio-pic films. Wasn't there also supposed to be a DeLorean one too?