ROFL - What the hell is GM thinking?

Alex_0700

They are already in deep **** and now they release this... possibly the worst-looking rear end ever? I think I would :puke: if I see that in front of me.

Rear.jpg

LeftRear.jpg

side profile looks germanic. Lights look what I'd imagine a VD to look like and that lincoln badge in the centre looks....... anything but sublime.

That rear wheelarch looks wierd for some reason as well.

other lincoln news... I was looking at town car specs today, the top spec model with a V8 4.5 litre engine produces.........239 horsepower!

put that in perspective with audi's latest 4.2 litre diesel: 321 bhp
and the 3.0 litre in the zephyr shown above: 221 bhp

lincoln is part of ford btw.

main_ext_1.jpg

how about the front?

the interior takes the biscuit though

Quicktime something or other required.

Oops, sorry, long day for me. I always get confused between Lincoln, Buick, Oldsmobile anyway. But I still think GM should stop production of all of their models and concentrate all production on the Z06 :p

ARH_twilightblue said:
Oops, sorry, long day for me. I always get confused between Lincoln, Buick, Oldsmobile anyway. But I still think GM should stop production of all of their models and concentrate all production on the Z06 :p

nooo! the new corsa comes first, then the corsa VXR! :D (pictures I've seen of it look like a baby astra VXR :D)

please oh god be diarrhwoo chevrolet, then it won't be on our roads. (although there's a cadilac escalade on our estate)

wow they took the interior out of a truck, wonderfull

why couldn't they just improve upon the LS it was a quarter of the way to being a good car.. They offered manual in the first years even.

LOL. Lincoln is part of GM now :mrgreen:
the Zephyr is crap, the LS was aight for a lincoln, and now thats dead.

bartboy9891 said:
LOL. Lincoln is part of GM now :mrgreen:
the Zephyr is crap, the LS was aight for a lincoln, and now thats dead.

actually I think the zephyr could be saved:

1. take the wood out of the interiror, it looks like a 70's coffee table in a council house.
2. restyle the entire dashboard so it has curves and using inviting shapes, not boxes.
3. get rid of the cream colour. Cream is for italian cars. leave it there.
4. when using aluminium effect either keep it to a minimal area, or complement it with the interior. don't use it for the buttons as well as the centre console. and for the love of god ON THE FUCKIN STEERING WHEEL? It's like the town car in clarkson's motorworld, where it was like they had just discovered cream, so they used it for everything.
5. replace the suspension, it's american, it won't be good. Odd how fords in britain have good suspension, but fords in the US have shite suspension....
6. those rear lights have got to go. It's like that new lexus GS but garish (that lexus has the hoffman kink I noticed)
7. with digital displays, the following look cheap and nasty: the old 7 seg black on pale green, with a green backlight. Or the old favourite, green 7 seg on black. Go with the audi style of red pixels on black or the BMW style of orange on a darker orange. Looks loads more classy.

All of those changes COULD be done in a face lift in a couple of years, but will NEVER be done, cos people will buy it because it's american. End of story.

Sweet! The official GM bashing thread!

My turn, my turn!

1996ce364046382400b98a06e1986a28.jpg

pontiac_sunfire.jpg

But seriously, if anybody mentions the Corvette I'll have to castrate them. Repeatedly. Please, not that argument again!

To make things fair and balanced in GM's favour, good GM cars:

Corvette (it's an icon) [although out of Ford GT vs vette vs viper I'd take the GT)
Monaro (latest GTO) - this goes neatly underthe title - why did they cancel it??
Astra VXR
Forthcoming Corsa VXR (hope there is a name different to corsa - that image needs to go)
Zafira (it may be boring, but I liked those Gryff rhyss jones adverts! (well no, but that's a better reason than saying it's good cos it's practical))

that's about it...

Man, so a 3 serries is like 31k.. and that lump is 29k.. For a fwd auto lincoln. I understood our building bad cars in the 80's, but pretty soon here i'm gonna start to cry.

That interior is nice to look at. But as ALL american cars, its gonna be cheap, shiny, hard plastics, that look like you're lost in a world of melted lego blocks and clearcoat. The handling will undoubtely be garbage. And the resale value will be piss poor. And the fact that Ford US, and Mercury already have versions of essentially the same car out, makes this car a useless tool.

And last but not least....FWD = The LOSE

BlaRo said:
Sweet! The official GM bashing thread!

But seriously, if anybody mentions the Corvette I'll have to castrate them. Repeatedly. Please, not that argument again!

heres a nother crappy gm product:

05corvette_2.jpg

:thumbsdown:

:mrgreen:

Blythy said:
Monaro (latest GTO) - this goes neatly underthe title - why did they cancel it??

They cancelled it because it's at the end of its model life. The car the Monaro is based on was originally released back in 1997 (VT Commodore) and the commodore hasn't changed significantly since then. The next all new model is due to be released next year and they have yet to finish designing the coupe or create a business plan for it. It has been confirmed that the coupe is one of the body styles the design team is working on. The Monaro will be back to some extent in the future but the question reamians as to when.