Rolls Royce Mini?

Jacobfox

Car(s)
VW GTI 4-Door (MKVI)
From Pistonheads:
Rolls-Royce and BMW execs have confirmed the existence of a project to develop a bespoke luxury version of the BMW Mini, which will potentially be offered as the 'ultimate' option through Mini dealers.

One car - based on a JCW Mini - has already been prepared by the Rolls-Royce wood and leather workshops, and was shown confidentially to Mini dealers at their annual gathering earlier this year.

Unlike Aston Martin's Cygnet - a project to rebrand the Toyota iQ and thus help reduce the company's CO2 footprint, the Rolls-Royce trimmed Minis are not designed to be offered for sale via the R-R network. Indeed it has not even been decided whether the cars will carry any Rolls-Royce badging.
The project was instigated by Mini brand marketeers looking for ways to emulate some of the luxury kudos associated with the original Mini through the work of coachbuilders like Wood and Pickett and Radford.

No time-scale has been announced for the project, and Rolls-Royce says there's no imminent production plan - but that 'concept work' is ongoing.

Some images too:
tn_MiniRRext-L.jpg

tn_MiniRRint2-L.jpg

Really, guys? Another faux luxury supermini? First the stupid little Aston Cygnet runaround. Then the ferrari fiat 500. Now this? Please, Rolls Royce, do NOT put your badge on this. It's fine if it's a mini-centric endeavor but the instant they slap a roller badge on this thing, my positive image of that company is going to be gone.

The speedometer is still annoying.

I don't want to know how expensive this would be, considering I already think the normal Mini is stupidly expensive... :|

This car is for those who already own a big Rolls, but want a city car. It will be very pricey.

True, but the Dacia Sandero may be too good for you if you only own a Rolls.

or anchor.

no, it's basically made of fail.

As long as it stays badged a MINI then maybe....

Nothing new really, back in the day Wood and Pickett, who coachbuilt Rolls Royces, also made very plush Minis, as the the aforementioned Radford.
Clubman%201275%20GT%20Wood%20and%20Pickett.JPG

I still don't understand the justification for putting that gigantic speedo

Actually, a fully loaded Mini would be awesome. If it went into production, I'd like to see BMW buy the rights to the Radford name rather than badge it as an RR, as it would be a nice nod to piece of Mini history - much like the use of the name Cooper/Cooper S/JCW.

I'd get one of I had the money.

However, I'd prefer it, rather than having RR badges, to say something to the extent of "Coachbuilt by Rolls-Royce."

Isn't that how they used to do it? Buy a body you liked, and then have someone like Fisher or the like coach build the interior?