Roman's rides: turbo PT & '94 Miata.

Hey-ho !

New wheels and tires are the obvious difference in these updated pics.

Drive-in3.jpg

Drive-in5.jpg

Drive-in7.jpg

Factory 14" wheels and tires were 30 lbs and the new combo in 15" and much, MUCH stickier rubber weighs in at only 27.5 lbs. :)

Drive-in9.jpg

Also transferred my sat nav over from the PT.

PT Cruiser has been partly demodded and is now up for sale.
I want to get a cheaper car to run and maintain for when the Miata isn't practical enough and winter.
One I won't mind leaving parked for weeks at a time in the summer while I almost exclusively use the little one.

There is a little more to show which you'll see as soon as I get new pics. ;)

Great wheels!

And damn, you've been away for a while...for a sec we thought your chute didn't open or something. :p

Good choice with the Toyos, I run them as a street tyre on mine and they're great for dry grip. What's the specs on the wheels? They look almost like Voks CE28Ns...

Good choice with the Toyos, I run them as a street tyre on mine and they're great for dry grip. What's the specs on the wheels? They look almost like Voks CE28Ns...
Same here on the tires. :mrgreen:

Wheels ? Nothing that fancy. :lol:
They're Konig Helium in 15"X 6.5". They are not necessarily suited to track use (not strong enough) but are great for street use. I chose them more by weight, width, availability (I wanted 'em black at first) and price but I really like 'em now that I've seen a white Miata on black wheels (not so good looking). :D

I think the bronze really suits the white car, looks great! Good weights too for a Konig wheel, are they really not strong enough for track use? Do they have a history of failure or something?

Thanks. :)

Do they have a history of failure or something?
I wouldn't say history but a few isolated incidents have occurred and are documented on the web.
I believe it is reasonably normal if used with wide slicks on a high powered car with big brakes.
Konig doesn't recommend track use but then again Brian at Goodwin says they are one of the wheels they sell with the lowest failure rate.

What do I know ? ... I don't go to the track much anymore and I like 'em a lot on my car for the way I use them and how they look. :p

'99 Miata and '02 Accent

'99 Miata and '02 Accent

Well now...

A lot as happened since I last visited the forums...

Since then I have had to sell both the Miata and the Cruiser.

For a very short time the 94 Miata was replaced by this 99 NB Miata:

7.jpg

1.jpg

The bronze Konig Heliums are just right on that car. :cool:

Underneath the hood was just as good as the NA 94.

Enginebay.jpg

But then some big changes career wise kind of made it difficult to keep the car and I sold it too.

So now I'm driving this on the stock Miata's silver 15 inchers.

200215.jpg

It's an econobox, getting me reliably from home to work and back after getting me from home to school and back last winter.

I'm working again and will be doing much better than I was last year at the same time in about a year so then I'll be shopping for something fun again.

So you choose cars on "Will my bronze wheels fit onto them", admit it!

So you choose cars on "Will my bronze wheels fit onto them", admit it!
The Miata well ...they were going to fit size wise now weren't they, the color of the car was just a lucky coincidence.
Believe it or not, I was not shopping for a green car but the pic in the ad was just so badly lit that I thought I was driving out to see a black '99 NB. Imagine my surprise when the owner flipped the garage door open ! :blink:

As for the Accent, they just happened to fit on there and were on just long enough for a pic, a short drive (and a laugh) before they went to the Miata, where they belonged.
They went with the Miata when I sold it and I kept the silver stockers for the Accent, since they happen to be interchangeable and provide a much better ride than the 155 13"s that the Accent came with.

Hope you stick around longer, this time. :p