Ownership Verified: Ronja R?vardotter - My BMW 850 CiA ('94, E31)

Adrian

Chariot of Fire
Car(s)
'13 VW T5, '07 SMC, '94 BMW 850, '92 Donkervoort
Per request, a thread for my E31! :hump:

- Ronja R?vardotter

Some factory facts:
Engine
: 4990cc N/A SOHC V12.
Transmission: Adaptive Automatic, 4-speed.
Power: 340 BHP @ 5800 RPM (chipped)
Torque: 500 Nm @ 2-3.5k RPM (Maks 560 @ 5k).
Consumption: 11.3-12.50 langkj?ring, 20.00++ bykj?ring (l/100km)
Model: 1994 (bygd Okt. 1993, f?rst.reg 1995 (BMW-eid))
Drive: Open diff RWD
Color: Diamantschwartz m/ schwartz leder og velour.
Length: 4,78 meter
Width: 1,85 meter
Ground Clearance: 11cm
Luggage space: 320 liter
Weight: ~1790 kg

(Extra)equipment:
  • EDC-dampers (electronic, S and K)
  • Orginal AC Schnitzer 2-piece 17" (1.5k Euro a pop!) with
  • Tires wider than the moon (255 and 275/40/17)
  • Airbag (both driver and passenger)
  • Hi-Fi stereo (12 speakers) :banana:
  • Cassette holder
  • Cruisecontrol
  • Orginal alarm
  • Built in phone (with GSM!)
  • Comfort-seats (wo/ mem.)
  • Sunroof
  • Electric windows
  • Electric sunscreen in rear window

/temporary first post

Last edited by a moderator:
Proof pic will come either friday or monday. My dad is borrowing her for a trip this week. :)

Brilliant. My favorite BMW.

You do realise this will be 'aquired' during the Ringmeet, right? :lol:

Amazing ride anyhow! Looks damn perfect with those wheels. :D :drool:

She will indeed be at the ringmeet, but i am having thoughts about driving her on the track myself :p I'd love to ride shotgun with someone that's experienced on the track tho! The real one, not digital. :mrgreen:

well you?re more than welcome in my E30 :D
And if you?re disciplined I don?t see how one lap could do that much harm...

Nice car!

I was more thinking in the lines of giving someone a go in my E31, but sure - i'll ride shotgun in your E31-1 :mrgreen:
I know, i know - and i will do a lap. I am diciplined, i just need a four-point harness first. I have no strenght at all in my upper body, so without i'm tossed around like a ragdoll on tracks when i cant hold the seat / something other than the steeringwheel and throttle :p

:wheelchair:

Now where is your Caddy thread? :p

I'll have one up when i take her out this summer!

You missed the most important bit... What's it like to own and drive and live with?

That's where the 'temprary first post' comes in. I can't actually drive it yet, it will be delivered for modifications next Wednesday. I'm paralyzed from the waist down after a car accident in 1996 (Huge Jeep eats Peugot 206s for breakfast head on), so my cars need to be modified to hand operation. On top of that i have a 6 month licence-suspension that ends June 15th after i accidentally totaled my XC (not my fault it turns out, mechanical failure in the brakes due to ice and salt) in december. In two-weeks time i'll be able to drive it for the first time and will update the first post accordingly! :) I'll also keep you guys updated on anything you might want to ask about, and also the process of modifying it to hand operation (gas / brake only.) :)

I was more thinking in the lines of giving someone a go in my E31, but sure - i'll ride shotgun in your E31-1 :mrgreen:
I know, i know - and i will do a lap. I am diciplined, i just need a four-point harness first. I have no strenght at all in my upper body, so without i'm tossed around like a ragdoll on tracks when i cant hold the seat / something other than the steeringwheel and throttle :p

Did I mention I?ve done roughly 350-400 laps round the real thing? :mrgreen:

But honestly, when driving someone else?s car round the ring I always end up doing girly-laps. I remember when Ice handed me the keys to his Carisma, it was easily one of the slowest yet most intense laps ever...

Edit: I just realised that you?re actually paralyzed, and not just posting wheelchairs because you?re too lazy to hit the gym. I can recommend the Schroth Quickfit-ASM system. Which is a 4-point harness that, once the initial installation is done, can be removed and installed within a minute. I have one in my Mini, for occasional track use. Don?t know if there?s one specifically for the E31, but I?m pretty sure there?s one that fits. And it?s not too expensive either.

Last edited:
If anyone have ever wondered about how a big heavy german car with a big heavy engine accelerates downhill, this might give you a clue:
..Listen at 0:23 how it still accelerates - that's third gear going 170-200+ :| This car amazes me every time i get in. :mrgreen:

Did I mention I?ve done roughly 350-400 laps round the real thing? :mrgreen: But honestly, when driving someone else?s car round the ring I always end up doing girly-laps. I remember when Ice handed me the keys to his Carisma, it was easily one of the slowest yet most intense laps ever...

Edit: I just realised that you?re actually paralyzed, and not just posting wheelchairs because you?re too lazy to hit the gym. I can recommend the Schroth Quickfit-ASM system. Which is a 4-point harness that, once the initial installation is done, can be removed and installed within a minute. I have one in my Mini, for occasional track use. Don?t know if there?s one specifically for the E31, but I?m pretty sure there?s one that fits. And it?s not too expensive either.
That's a lot of laps, i envy you. Maybe we can team up, i'll follow you around :mrgreen:

I have actually found 4-point harness made for the E31, they were 200 pounds (made in + shipping from UK.) I won't bother with a "hidden" system, since it will serve a purpose whenever i drive anyway. :)

Yeah, I was a bit tired yesterday, the figure is actually more like 250-300, I have no idea why I posted that...
Either way, I can play leader if you want, or just give you a ride in my bimmer which has a 4 point harness in the passenger seat anyway. BMW drivers unite! :mrgreen:

Awesome E31. POOWWWWEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR :jc:

Yeah, I was a bit tired yesterday, the figure is actually more like 250-300, I have no idea why I posted that...
Either way, I can play leader if you want, or just give you a ride in my bimmer which has a 4 point harness in the passenger seat anyway. BMW drivers unite! :mrgreen:

Does that mean I can get a free ride? :D

You need a wheelchair and you still get that low a sportscar? Wow.
Well what can i say, it's a low sporty chair :p
u2%20didelis.jpg

..only mine is smaller (im a skinny rat) and black.

Awesome E31. POOWWWWEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR :jc:
:jc: :jc: :mouse:

You can play leader so i can pass you on the straight :D Nah, just kidding - i'd love both!

'lick'

That is one sexy car, I used to have posters of it on my bedroom walls when I was a kid

I had the pleasure of driving this car! :brag: