Ownership Verified: Ronja R?vardotter - My BMW 850 CiA ('94, E31)

And someone have obviously sat on the front:

That's caused by the paint or material deteriorating from the sun, right? Might be able to fix that with an immense amount of polishing (or respray).

Any tips for dealing with them? :p

Replace the glass.

It seems to be caused by someone sitting on the front or pushung on the emblem, the paint has cracked and needs a respray. I don't think i will bother fixing it until i get a hold of a CSi front.

Check your local unicorn and flying pigs scrapyard. There should be a CSi front end in there somewhere.. :p

I will, sweden it is then :p

Just what I meant. :D Couldn't you just respray the bonnet? Should be cheaper and easier.

I just need to respray the front bumper, but then again i want the CSi front - and since i have to respray the front anyway, they aren't that expensive.

Actually the part that is damaged isn't necessary to be changed for a CSI front bumper change. The CSI front bumper is only the lower part of the front bumper and can be changed separately.
Besides my 8 has the same cracks damage and it's usually caused by someone having driven it into a wall. Check the small plastic bridge between the BMW kidneys for damage. Also my painter told me that these cracks are actually inside the plastic and that it probably needs replacement instead of just a mere respray.

Oh yeah, and you will never ever get a used CSI front bumper. Why would anyone ever want to get rid of the thing. Don't forget that if you are going to mount a new CSI bumper you will need a different number plate holder for a 100?, 2 plastic covers next to the numberplate holder for 80? each and the spoiler lip under the bumper. Besides if you want to get it certified you will have to get the rear diffusor aswell as that is required for homolegation.

Yes, i'll have to get an entire new front bumper. I have checked the plastic between the kidneys, and there are no damage there.
I'm not gonna get it certified, i need the stock rear bumper for the hitch. IMO the CSi rear bumper doesnt have that possibility.

you have a V12 BMW. i am jealous, very very jealous.

ive only seen one 8 series in real life.

In other news; i passed my driving test with flying colors on friday! Now just waiting for more parts, hopefully i'll be able to drive her myself in a couple of days!

If anyone have ever wondered about how a big heavy german car with a big heavy engine accelerates downhill, this might give you a clue:
..Listen at 0:23 how it still accelerates - that's third gear going 170-200+ :| This car amazes me every time i get in. :mrgreen:

That's a lot of laps, i envy you. Maybe we can team up, i'll follow you around :mrgreen:

I have actually found 4-point harness made for the E31, they were 200 pounds (made in + shipping from UK.) I won't bother with a "hidden" system, since it will serve a purpose whenever i drive anyway. :)

My fav Beemer, tommel opp

I thought i lost her today, but after some looking and a couple of phonecalls it turns out she was towed away from right outside my apartment:

Poor girl :(

They also demanded almost 400 euros to get her back. For parking on a place i am allowed to park. But i had to have her back today and complied, because i have a long-awaited service appointment tomorrow. BMW Bavaria wants 1600 euros out of my pocket, but then she'll be as good as new :D
On another note; i have finally confirmed shipping on the parts needed for modifications. They should arrive tomorrow as well :)

Fight the fine. Or is it too late now that you've paid already?

Nope, not too late. I will fight. With claws.

I see it is sitting next to another high performance sports car. :p

Wash and polish!

Not that many pictures, but i put her away at a daycare center to be properly cleaned:

They weren't finished when we came back, so we waited there for a while:

Resultat:

We used this chance to install the EML chip that was lying around in the trunk. Previous owner took it out (the two motronic chips is still in, the EML chip controls throttle response - puts it in Sport even when the transmission is in Adaptive.) With a roadtrip and the ringmeet in mind, the removed top speed limiter (250 km/h) weighed heavier than the very sensitive gas pedal :)

Also tested out the new Contour+ on a trip to sweden, relax and enjoy the music ;)

That's one sexy sounding engine. Seems a bit slower on the video that it must be, though.

To give a perspective; the part in the tunnel - it's doing 150.
The torque converter locks at 175, you can hear it as sort of a half-shift (revs drop ~3-400 rpm.)

You really don't get the sensation of speed until you pass 180-200.

Last edited:
That is really one of the most awesome cars ever made. And I love it in that colour and with tinted taillights.