Roundabout from hell in Germany - including spikes for bikers

I'm weighing in a bit late. But, I kinda like it. It looks cool and if anyone is dumb enough to run into it then I suppose they will have to face the consequences.

So, what about, say, a biker who is on the roundabout who gets knocked off his bike because the driver of the car entering the roundabout didn't see him? You'd be amazed at how often drivers don't see CARS already on a roundabout when entering, let alone bikers.

I think if that were my sculpture I would call it "murdershrub".

Sounds like a Pokemon. :lol:

You call them and sell them that idea for the next generation. Any time another Pokemon tries to tackle it, it's instant death for the opponent. :D

I thought it sounded more like a Dethklok song :lol:

So, what about, say, a biker who is on the roundabout who gets knocked off his bike because the driver of the car entering the roundabout didn't see him? You'd be amazed at how often drivers don't see CARS already on a roundabout when entering, let alone bikers.

I don't think a biker should be on the inside of the round about in the first place, but even if they were, there is a good solid 10-15 feet between the curb and the first point of the structure. A side-swipe from a driver isn't going to send a biker that far, and if it does, I think the biker has other things to worry about.

The day someone actually crashes into that because their brakes fail I'll give that argument merit. I think the chances of that happening are very slim, and if they do the T?V isnt doing their job.

You're right, they rarely do fail, but roads should still be made to be as safe as possible and not create any possible death traps. Of course there are places where the roads are pretty dangerous beause of economical reasons, like mountain passes, but that's not an excuse to put sharp spikes somewhere that was safe in the beginning.

I don't think a biker should be on the inside of the round about in the first place, but even if they were, there is a good solid 10-15 feet between the curb and the first point of the structure. A side-swipe from a driver isn't going to send a biker that far, and if it does, I think the biker has other things to worry about.

Who on earth takes a corner around the outside? I really dislike roundabouts which have obscured views of the road.

You're right, they rarely do fail, but roads should still be made to be as safe as possible and not create any possible death traps. Of course there are places where the roads are pretty dangerous beause of economical reasons, like mountain passes, but that's not an excuse to put sharp spikes somewhere that was safe in the beginning.
That's why they made a roundabout there, because it's safer as it makes traffic slow down. As a bonus it works without electricity and makes the traffic smoother, but the selling point is safety. Roundabouts do increase overall accidents, but severely reduces the fatal and serious ones. I simply cannot see any scenario in which anyone will be seriously hurt by that thing unless they were going insanely quick, and for people who drive insanely quick the world is filled with common death inducing devices, like trees and light posts.