Roundabout from hell in Germany - including spikes for bikers

I am certain that this is against the human rights act - which Germany has signed up to as well as us. We would stick some armco and black and white chevrons up I should imagine.

Armco_Direct_End_brackets_1_sml.jpg

86.gif

Sharp deviation of route to left (or right if chevrons reversed)

No, European Roundabouts are driven both ways, continental roundabouts are driven left wards but Ukanian, Irish, Cypriot and Maltese roundabouts are not and the last time I looked these countries were in Europe.

Last edited:
Yeah, well think about that when your brakes fail and you crash in to that. Also people dying is never cheap for nations, dead don't pay taxes etc, so there goes your economical point as well.
The day someone actually crashes into that because their brakes fail I'll give that argument merit. I think the chances of that happening are very slim, and if they do the T?V isnt doing their job.

Last edited:
That's actually quite cool looking. And if someone wasn't paying attention and hit those then it would be their fault.

Yeah, it's their fault, but there's a big difference between crashing an rolling over on the grass a few times or crashing and hitting various sharp edges.

And, it's not always your fault if you crash...

Precisely. It works as art and if you do not want to become a part of the installation, drive properly around the roundabout. As for cost I'd gladly spend 26 000 of germans money on that rather than useless things like paying greeks. The new inserting links function is useless

This google maps stuff is amazing. Going round the roundabout you posted in the link you can observe at least three seasons: spring, summer and winter. Oh yeah and I like the roundabout. Nothing wrong with more adrenaline rushing through your blood on the icy morning commute. Well where I live we have a huge ass fountain in the middle of a roundabout. Nobody has drowned yet.

Well MacGuffin, yours sure does look "nice" and made me laugh but it seems there might have been a slight misunderstanding. I didn`t mean it as in the shape of a bottom but as in it`s just big, considering it`s in the middle of a roundabout. But here is a pic. Now I realized it even has ramps for Evil Knievel bonus points.
https://pic.armedcats.net/h/ha/hartkor/2011/09/07/fontana.jpg

Yeah, well think about that when your brakes fail and you crash in to that. Also people dying is never cheap for nations, dead don't pay taxes etc, so there goes your economical point as well.
How often do brakes fail on a properly maintained vehicle during a road driving cycle? I've certainly never heard of it. Pads going metal-to-metal yes, but those will still stop you.

Technically if you properly maintained the vehicle the brakes wouldn't fail thus making brake failures your fault. Unless you're a Toyota driver and your massively recalled POS accelerates wildly out of control and catches on fire as you hit that centerpiece. :lol:

Yeah, it's their fault, but there's a big difference between crashing an rolling over on the grass a few times or crashing and hitting various sharp edges.

And, it's not always your fault if you crash...

Properly maintain a vehicle and its components won't simply fail. You know when you're brakes are in disrepair and are in need of replacing. I've literally driven metel to metal for a week and even with a warped ground-to-dust rotor I still stopped. In order for your brakes to fail to the point of getting into the middle of that roundabout you would need to have a complete brake failure that is beyond simply pads and rotors--this is of course assuming you aren't speeding to begin with. Chances are those failures are because the vehicle is in disrepair and or driven the shit out of enough to cause said failure. Both the driver's fault. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't some European countries have a motor vehicle law that states if you break down / run out of gas (UK) on the motorway you can get fined? What do these countries say of a vehicle that is in disrepair that causes an accident? I'm legitimately curious.

How often do brakes fail on a properly maintained vehicle during a road driving cycle? I've certainly never heard of it. Pads going metal-to-metal yes, but those will still stop you.

+1

Last edited:

The closest I've come was with a brake hardline failure. The remaining two wheels were still able to stop me though.

I'm weighing in a bit late. But, I kinda like it. It looks cool and if anyone is dumb enough to run into it then I suppose they will have to face the consequences. It's not like it's at the bottom of a hill or anything, it seems to be in a fairly flat open area. I doubt any harm will come of it.