Rovers to be relaunched as SsangYongs.. how charming

My god, Rover has gone in and out of business so many times I've lost count!! :lol:

How can this auto-maker not see that a name no-one can pronounce won't sell particularly well, unless it's a koenigsegg offcourse (but that doesn't really sell in the hundreds either).

They should've just renamed the brand to Mao or something, now that would be cool.
All cars are red as default and theres a yellow star as the logo.

The Mao GTR. Ooooh

Anyone see the irony of the fact that Rovers were built by "Communists" until they went bust now they are built by Capitalists owned by Communists. ....

If the Chinese de-engineer the frame like we suspect they will then the added weight of a Chevy smallblock will probably break the car. :lol:
You think that's gonna stop them? :p

They should've just renamed the brand to Mao or something, now that would be cool.
All cars are red as default and theres a yellow star as the logo.
Hongqi ("Red Flag") sounds a lot better in China than it really is. Plus, the name amuses white people to no end! :happy:

1999_hongqi_7220_7221_L.jpg

If the Chinese de-engineer the frame like we suspect they will then the added weight of a Chevy smallblock will probably break the car. :lol:
The addition of 500lbs of GM iron in the front of the car would actually probably make it safer, faster and more economical :lol:. You would have to worry about the front clip randomly breaking off though...

Hey BlaRo, please tell me that's not a current model in their lineup?

Hey BlaRo, please tell me that's not a current model in their lineup?
Different company. (Thank God, there's only so many late-model European sedans they can pilfer.)

What's really scary is that there are plenty of people stupid enough to buy these things.
I've been seeing second-hand Musso's pratically everywhere of late, and I'm sure Korean Rovers would do quite well.

People really seem to love these ultra-cheap crap boxes around here. :-?:blowup::hammer:

Last edited:
What's really scary is that there are plenty of people stupid enough to buy these things.
I've been seeing second-hand Musso's pratically everywhere of late, and I'm sure Korean Rovers would do quite well.

People really seem to love these ultra-cheap crap boxes around here. :-?:blowup::hammer:

Thought Ballarat was Commodore central? Then again, maybe people do seem to love cheap crap boxes there :p

If it's cheap, people will buy it, no matter how crap it is. After all, there are many cars which sell on price alone, and even if a better car is only a couple of thousand (even hundred) more, people will still skimp.