RSS Feed for 720P Rips?

F12Bwth

A Couple of questions.

Will there be an RSS feed for just the HD rips of TG?

If not, will the standard FG RSS "http://feeds.finalgear.com/finalgeartorrents" have them.

What will they be labeled so I can set my Azureus to dl only the HD ones?

Lastly.. IM CR&PPING MY PANTS IN ANTICIPATION!!

I will. I also want to set a filter to DL the 720P from anywhere on other RSS master feeds. Just incase someone gets the top gear HD one out faster elsewhere. Only issue is I can't work these regular expressions out to save my life.

Needs to find "top[ .,:]gear" and "720" and I cant figure out how to tell it that.

NOTE: http://forums.finalgear.com/the-site-itself/azureus-torrent-rss-feed-guide-11181/ For anyone not familiar.

Well what kind of regular expression does it support? PCRE?

If it is indeed Perl compatible, then try something like ^top.?gear.*(720p|1080p|x264)

(For the uninitiated: Start with "top", then maybe one char, then "gear", then any number of chars, then either "720p" or "1080p" or "x264", assuming case insensitivity)

If you want to get the show faster, you want to be closer to the source. It takes many many minutes, if not hours, for the show to work it's way through the rings and hoops to public trackers and your RSS feed. If you want it it only a few minutes after the content is released (on the scene) you want to be on private trackers.

PM me if you're interested.

A Couple of questions.

Will there be an RSS feed for just the HD rips of TG?

If not, will the standard FG RSS "http://feeds.finalgear.com/finalgeartorrents" have them.

What will they be labeled so I can set my Azureus to dl only the HD ones?

Lastly.. IM CR&PPING MY PANTS IN ANTICIPATION!!
No, there won't be. This didn't even occur to me, so I didn't code it up. The site's code currently only supports one torrent per show -- I have to add the rest to the "comments" second of the episode.

Perhaps in the future though...

Any idea when a good quality HD rip will be available? I am chompin' at the bit to watch but I've told myself I'll only watch the new season in multi-gigabyte HD goodness :)

Not sure why the first torrent is not HD.

You are wasting bandwidth by asking people to download the whole thing again later. What's the point?

I had to go sign up at some stupid pirates-cove.biz to get the 720p version.

Complete failure. I'm really disappointed.

Not sure why the first torrent is not HD.

You are wasting bandwidth by asking people to download the whole thing again later. What's the point?

I had to go sign up at some stupid pirates-cove.biz to get the 720p version.

Complete failure. I'm really disappointed.
Because not everyone wants HD? Don't download it if you don't want it, fucktard.

Tis troll season.

+1 for adding the HD rip(s) to the RSS feed in some form

I understand not everybody wants the HD rip, but I do. I've enjoyed the "official" releases from this site and would rather download the episode once, even if it means waiting a few hours until after the SD version is released and "well seeded" (only took two hours for the latest ep).

Now that HD broadcast is going to be available for every episode, it would be really nice to see graceful integration into the RSS feed.

The current plan is to mix them into the existing feed, but that requires extensive recoding. Gotta give me time and my job (which pays my bills) comes first.

Funnily, most of the people benefiting from downloading TG by RSS - the uber-addicted - are hanging out in the forums etc. on Sunday night anyways. Take your time, Viper - those probably click download themselves because the RSS takes some time to propagate.

The current plan is to mix them into the existing feed, but that requires extensive recoding. Gotta give me time and my job (which pays my bills) comes first.

If you ever get around to re making the site without divs, just remind me about this and I'll do my best to implement this also.

I just used mininova's RSS for Top Gear
http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=224

IIRC for the current version of uTorrent the filter is perl compatible so narf's filter suggestion should work.

OTOH the built in filters are pretty easy to use, so that's what I went with. Just select your desired quality (720P for me) and episodes (14x01-). I suppose it's all right to leave * as the filter since all the stuff that goes into that feed will have already contain ^top.?gear.

Last edited: