RSS Feed for 720P Rips?

I just used mininova's RSS for Top Gear
http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=224

IIRC for the current version of uTorrent the filter is perl compatible so narf's filter suggestion should work.

OTOH the built in filters are pretty easy to use, so that's what I went with. Just select your desired quality (720P for me) and episodes (14x01-). I suppose it's all right to leave * as the filter since all the stuff that goes into that feed will have already contain ^top.?gear.

If you only want to download FinalGear's upload, do it this way...

http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?user=FinalGear

That is filtering all results on Mininova, uploaded by 'user' (FinalGear).

However, I'm having quite a few issues trying to download only the HD rips.

However, I'm having quite a few issues trying to download only the HD rips.

Make it download stuff by FG that contains 720p if you want to download the 720p ones only. Depending on your filter settings either "720p" (simple containment), "*720p*" (wildcards) or ".*720p.*" (regular expressions) should work.

Make it download stuff by FG that contains 720p if you want to download the 720p ones only. Depending on your filter settings either "720p" (simple containment), "*720p*" (wildcards) or ".*720p.*" (regular expressions) should work.

Ok, that's getting to advanced for me.

Either way, if I mirror the exact way I setup the original FinalGear feed, using the Mininova RSS, I can't even get anything to download by just filtering 'Top Gear'.

EDIT: Ah ha! I tried using wildcards to filter for Top Gear only (eg: *Top Gear*) & that worked. Now to get only the 720p versions.

EDIT: Bingo! By changing the quality to '720p' & finally it filtered to only download files that contained 'Top Gear' (filter: *Top Gear*) & files that were 720p (quality: 720p).

So, if you want to automatically download your weekly dose of Top Gear, in HD, only uploaded by FinalGear, follow my method (using uTorrent). :D

Original idea from Dr.Kamiya, built upon by Kizzav, wildcard help by narf!!

Last edited:
The quality etc. buttons are just shortcuts for hidden wildcards :)
If you tell it you want 720p quality then it makes sure 720p is in the name, just like a wildcard *720p* would do (or top*gear*720p* if you don't want anything else)

The quality etc. buttons are just shortcuts for hidden wildcards :)
If you tell it you want 720p quality then it makes sure 720p is in the name, just like a wildcard *720p* would do (or top*gear*720p* if you don't want anything else)

Hmmm, the wildcard '*Top*Gear*720p*' doesn't appear to work.

Ah well. I'll just put it back to what I had working.

At least there is now a working RSS feed for the interim, before a proper RSS feed is made etc. I'm sick of manually starting the HD downloads when it's 2-3am. :D

Last edited:
Hmmm, the wildcard '*Top*Gear*720p*' doesn't appear to work.

I just took a look, it would work if you check to use the original non-decoded name.
Apparently ?Torrent is trying to determine what's what. "720p" becomes quality, and thus is not part of the (decoded) name anymore.

Now that FinalGear has jumped ship from Mininova to BT-Chat, I thought I'd try my 'Top Gear HD Mininova RSS feed' (post above) on BT-Chat.

Basically, follow the guides on how to add a RSS feed, however, use the following link: http://rss.bt-chat.com/?group=12&cat=9

That will only narrow the feed down to the most current torrents under the categories of 'public' & 'TV'.

Specify whether you want to download the SD, 720p or 1080i version & wait for the feed to update.

I'll have mine on overnight ready to download, so I'll see how it goes.

EDIT: Confirmed! It works. Although the feed will update with all the new torrents that have nothing to do with Top Gear, if you filter to download only Top Gear, your good to go.

Last edited: