Rubbikes

I know this is old, but this is the first time I've seen this thread.

The KZ1000 was a very popular bike to modify for drag racing way back when. I believe this is an example of that and not ugly be any means.

Looks about right to me:

943c.jpg

A friend's dad used to drag race bikes back in the 70s. The only question I had for him was how he could fit his huge balls onto the seat.

Looks about right to me:

943c.jpg

A friend's dad used to drag race bikes back in the 70s. The only question I had for him was how he could fit his huge balls onto the seat.

With balls like that you don't need a seat.

The day OC choppers went too far?

What's the theme supposed to be? Transformers? Attack helicopter? Just rubbish?

Dammit, I came here to post that atrocity. :shakefist:

A 4 seat motorcycle, what could go wrong?

Saw this gem today. This bike probably doesn't run on the road all that much, but still. -_-

11133647_924705534228826_5429237434389277525_n.jpg

Is that zip ties holding the caliper on?

What's the most stereotypical meme I can use here ... ah yes ...

b562a624e02ec31e208b0a5fd89700fd1b2d8a9432dc8572f6bb1b58a2d78092.jpg

I mean seriously, I would've never thought zip ties would hold up to that. That's a level of hack-ery I can only aspire to. Or not.

He arrived at the competition with the calliper still somewhat decently attached though, but at some time throughout the day someone noticed that either a bolt was missing or it was about to come out.

Oh damn, one of the bolts must have come undone again, the bike vibrates quite a bit you see.

:blink:

Rubbikes

He arrived at the competition with the calliper still somewhat decently attached though, but at some time throughout the day someone noticed that either a bolt was missing or it was about to come out.

:blink:

Sounds like someone has never heard of thread locker or Loctite.

Honda uses bolts pre-coated with a solid threadlocker compound in that application; they call them A-LOC bolts. Technically, they're not supposed to be reused, but if you clean the bolts and reapply the appropriate grade of liquid threadlocker prior to installation, they work fine. The general mnemonic for that bolt type is Add Loctite Or Crash. :p