Rummy resigns!

(this is not my line) So did Rummy just cut and run?

good to see the election already producing the right results.

he did not cut and run, he failed and lost all support.

Isn't this what people wanted? And now he's being criticized for what was demanded of him?

Wow.

This wasn't so much as criticism for his departure, as an accusation of hypocrisy, given that he's been lambasting people left and left for demanding we leave Iraq without finishing the job, and abruptly doing the same thing himself.

I'm not taking a side, merely chuckling at the turd-slinging that's happened/happening/going to happen.

Washington is like a beat college party now for the republicans.... "No more cool people, I'm out."

Isn't this what people wanted? And now he's being criticized for what was demanded of him?

Wow.

Look at the timing. Elections turn sour for the Republicans, not even over yet, and he's "staying the course" like a drunken sailor at the helm.

Hopefully he is more receptive to the public's opinion both in Iraq and in America. In an August interview with CNN, Rummy basically said that he did not care what America thinks about Iraq.

Yeah, Rumsy was apparently pretty arrogant. I just heard on the news that more senior Pentagon officials are likely to step down.

Thats good news, we need some fresh ideas and receptive people in there.

I find it funny yet arrogant when they have the clips of the Army generals citing what they need to do better on the ground and the top officials go the other way.